A new method based on the famous marshmallow test helps you develop good habits and improve self-control for you and your family.
HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED THIS?
– Your child throws a fit in a toy store
– You can't get your child off their phone
– You child forgets to brush their teeth
– Your child avoids helping around the house
– Your child's grades are slipping
There's a solution - a method based on the delayed gratification test, a.k.a. the marshmallow experiment.
THE FAMOUS MARSHMALLOW EXPERIMENT
Our method is based on a 40-year Stanford research which showed the importance of patience and self-control. Here's how the famous experiment went:
1. A group of children were offered a choice: to get one marshmallow immediately or wait and get two marshmallows later.
2. Only one out of three children were patient enough to get the double reward. Those children showed higher levels of self-control at a very young age.
Years later those children got a number of advantages over the ones who couldn't wait: they had better scores in their school tests, were more successful at work, got greater results in sports.
We see that people with a high level of self-control are less likely to get a in a loan scam, or have trouble with the law, or overspend on impulse buys.
THE ABILITY TO DELAY GRATIFICATION.
The ability to delay gratification is a sign of high emotional intelligence. This ability is the key to reaching our long-term goals.
Athletes have to go through long and painful training to win a competition. Entrepreneurs invest all their money and time to reap the benefits later. Getting in shape sometimes requires saying no to delicious snacks. It's self-discipline and the ability to resist temptation that really stands behind every success story.
ESSENTIAL GOOD HABITS FOR CHILDREN.
Self-discipline is basically a set of good habits. Good habits help us use our time efficiently. We believe that developing them at a young age is very important.
With our help, you can start with these essential habits for children: tooth brushing, picking up toys, sticking to one bedtime, helping clean the house, doing exercise daily.
We realize that when it comes to your child, you know best which habits are essential. That's why we give you an option to create custom habits.
NO NEED TO MAKE YOUR CHILD DO ANYTHING!
The Marshmallow method is based on the principles of delayed gratification and positive reinforcement.
According to scientists, it takes 21 days to form a habit. This process is visualized by the progress tower which has 21 floors. As you check off a habit daily, you move up the tower one floor per day.
Set a small reward for a 7-day streak and a bigger reward for a 21-day streak. It can be anything you like. Just make sure that the 21-day reward is much more tempting than the 7-day one so you don't lose interest after completing the 7-day streak.
If the child chooses to take the 7-day reward, the progress tower falls. In that case, the only way to get the big reward is to start over.
MASCOTS HELP YOU REACH YOUR GOAL!
Marshmallow has mascots who accompany your child on the way up the progress tower and make acquiring new habits even more fun.
As your child completes tasks and checks off habits, the mascots evolve. Once a habit is acquired, the mascots get a makeover, which demonstrates the power of good habits and keeps the child interested.
MARSHMALLOW PREMIUM FEATURES:
• Buy a Premium plan to get access to all the app features.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription renews automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renew in you Account settings.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- GOODVAS, OOO
- 159.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Goodvas
- In-App Purchases
- 7 days free Premium for a year $30.99
- Premium features forever $39.99
- Premium features for 1 month $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.