Refined by years of reader feedback and suggestions, Marvin 3 is the sequel to the acclaimed eBook reader for your iPhone and iPad. With over 150 new features and enhancements, Marvin is the perfect companion for people who are passionate about their books and comics. Get Marvin and find out why readers call it "the most brilliant eReader to come out in a long time".
Together with unprecedented customisation features, here are a few highlights of this release:
- Built from scratch with a brand new interface.
- Opens DRM-free EPUB books, CBX, and CBR comics.
- Supports all the latest iOS technologies including Split View, Slide Over, Spotlight, Touch ID, Today Widgets, iCloud, and iPad Pro.
- High-fidelity rendering with the most comprehensive set of customization options you're likely to use.
- Multi-theme UI with optional automatic light/dark switching.
- Vertical scrolling with auto scroll, guide bars, and edge tapping.
- Goodreads integration.
- Karaoke (speed reading).
- External Bluetooth keyboard and remote control support including customizable key commands for in-book navigation and control.
- Side-load your own fonts.
- Reading statistics.
- Integration with Marvin Side-by-Side (*).
- New library viewing modes and management tools.
- Quick launch panel on iPad.
- Fully customizable, independent, portrait and landscape multi-column modes.
- Whole book page numbering.
- Substantially improved highlighting.
- Footnote popups.
- Photo exporer.
- Reading journal with photos, tags, and maps.
- Extensive import and export tools.
(*) Works best on devices that support Split View and Slide Over, and requires the corresponding Marvin SxS app.
Visit appstafarian.com for a complete and impressive feature list.
Marvin opens DRM-free EPUB books (basic support for 3.0), and CBZ/CBR comics.
If you're into DRM-free books, we worked hard to make Marvin the best way to enjoy them.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
This update includes:
* New: Improved compatibility with iOS 11 and latest devices.
* Fixed: Dropbox connectivity problems.
* Updated: Improved Dropbox sync performance.
* Updated: Improved performance of image effects in comic viewer.
* Fixed: Display artefacts on latest devices and system software.
* Updated: Twitter and Facebook share sheets replaced by system share sheet +++
* Miscellaneous performance improvements and fixes.
+++ From iOS 11 onwards, native Twitter and Facebook share sheets need to be replaced with the standard system share sheet. To post you will need the official Twitter and/or Facebook apps installed.
Thanks a lot to everyone who took the time to submit a bug report and provide feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing eBook Reader, with decent Comic Support
I think this app is incredible and feature rich, and found the investment to unlock all the features with a one time in-app purchase reasonable. After reading the app description, I learned this is the first version with .cbr & .cbz support. When you combine a comic reader with this apps support for OPDS feeds, you’ve got a great way to quickly import multiple comics wirelessly with absolutely no trouble.
My suggestions to make the comic experience better would be to implement a feature that allows double tapping the screen to zoom in and quickly bring the comic into edge to edge focus of the device display. Additionally for iPads, it would be awesome to allow for a two page layout in a landscape orientation.
I look forward to the next update to full integrate into iOS 12!
Beautiful app, lots of features
Love the customization features, autoscroll and text to speech features are great. Screen and text look crisper than some other apps I’ve tried. I read a lot and like the time read counter. Link to goodreads does not work for me. Takes to goodreads app and opens on blank page. May be a problem on goodreads end but disappointing, was excited about that feature. Would love easier way to import books from calibre- select whole folder, download all etc. Clicking individually for download won’t work for me. My library is too big to do so. Currently using calibre companion as workaround so I can still have library loaded on phone but would be nice to have everything one place. Overall I love this app. Other reviewers complained about price for themes but really? Not a necessary feature of app but why not support development if you really like it. Good ereader is hard to find. Please keep updating.
Love this app!
I am used to be a fan of classical version. Then transfer to other app. Recently I got iPhone X. I looked for an app that could support X screen and then tried Marvin 3. So far I am very satisfied with my purchase.
One thing I personally don’t like classical version because the classical version was sort of “complicated” and “fancy”. Marvin 3 looks like more simple, direct and less distracting. It can make me focus on reading.
I like this app, but get one question: how can I find out the page numbers of the whole book. I changed the setting on EPUB settings. Some books show the whole book page numbers at footers. But in most case, it just shows charter page numbers even though I tired the custom setting. I used app to track my reading and page numbers would be more helpful.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Appstafarian Limited
- 87.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2013-2016, Appstafarian Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features $4.99
- Fabulous Tip $4.99
- Generous Tip $0.99
- Amazing Tip $1.99
- Incredible Tip $2.99