IMPORTANT: If you are using iOS 9, you should get the latest and greatest Marvin 3 with 140+ features including vertical and auto scrolling, speed reading, comic book support, text-to-speech, and much more.
Marvin is an eBook reader for people who are passionate about their books. Get Marvin and find out why readers are calling it "the most brilliant eReader to come out in a long time"
** With the free version you can view one book at a time. **
ENJOY YOUR BOOKS
- A modern and clean user interface, designed for iOS 7
- Format books any way you like
- High fidelity rendering
- Opens DRM-free EPUB books
- A selection of beautiful reading fonts
- Virtually unlimited combinations of text, background colors and page textures
- 2 column layouts in both portrait and landscape (iPad)
- Cloud location sync *
- Publisher layouts and embedded fonts
- Full book search
- Control page warmth and tint in addition to brightness for comfortable night-time reading
- Customizable gestures, swiping to control brightness and warmth, page turn directions, snapping to bookmarks and chapters, etc...
- A reading timer
- Powerful highlighting and annotation tools
- Create custom commands with presets to integrate with Google Maps, Bing Images, Tweetbot, IMDb, Lingvo, Goodreads, Facebook, Wikipedia, the Merriam-Webster dictionary and more
DISCOVER AND LEARN
- Artificial intelligence that reads your books and helps you discover great things about them, their authors, characters, places, events and everything else (English only)
- Intelligently search for and pin web content such as articles, reviews and videos
- Build character summaries as separate EPUBs in seconds
- Automatically build a vocabulary as you look up words in the dictionary
- Offline and online dictionaries
- Incredibly powerful library management tools
- Custom and smart collections
- List and cover library views
- Sorting, filtering and grouping
- Group books by word count
- Reads calibre and extended metadata (subjects, series and tags)
- A metadata editor that also lets choose new covers
- Virtually all the content you see, create and find can be exported and shared
- All exported content can be opened in web browsers and word processors for further reference
- Share status, progress, pictures, text selections and highlights to Facebook and Twitter
YOUR BOOKS, EVERYWHERE
- Find books anywhere in your Dropbox *
- Native calibre support with integration that other readers can only dream of (iOS 8.2 or earlier)
- OPDS catalogs
- Web downloads
- iTunes and email side-loading
- Marvin opens DRM-free EPUB 2.0 books
- Dropbox support and location sync requires a Dropbox account
If you're into DRM-free books, we've worked hard to make Marvin the best way to enjoy them.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
If you are using iOS 9, you should get the latest and greatest Marvin 3 with 150+ new features including vertical and auto scrolling, speed reading, comic book support, text-to-speech, and much more.
This update contains stability and performance improvements:
- Improved reliability of large backups.
If you have a moment, please remember to rate and review Marvin. It really helps a lot.
Ratings and Reviews
Sadly this version is way too limited. You can only see one(1) book at a time in the library. The whole point of me see ing If I like this program is to see how good the library system is and one book just doesn't cut it. I can understand a limited library (10 to 20) but one book viewing doesn't allow that. Would be nice in the author sort menu if you could preview the title of a book or 2. 1/2 the time I forget the authors name, but can remember based on a couple of book samples where a book I want is.
Bugs: crashes if trying to connect to calibre and forget to turn on the calibre end the connection
Shuffle books does not work (dice icon)
Searching for a book does not work (is fine in the "all book" menu, but doesn't any where else that I've tried) edit: never mind doesn't work here either
Really needs quick scrolling on the author/author sort/unread/selector (when you hit the upper right icon to bring up display options). The right side would work great for that because there is a lot of empty space. It would also be nice if there could be quick selection there for quick selecting a collection or something like that
Stupid way to force buying
I was using the free version and now you losers remove all my books from the library and I need to delete a book to read another?!!! Well, this gets thrown in the rubbish bin where it belongs, other ebook apps out there.
This app is severely crippled. you can only see the first book in your "library".
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Appstafarian Limited
- 50.5 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2016, Appstafarian Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.