Marvin Side-by-Side is a special version of Marvin that helps you manage a second library, and read or study two books at the same time (1). SxS works great with devices that support Split View and Slide over.
- Includes all the features in the regular version of Marvin.
- Keep a second library, great for shared devices in the family (1).
- Read or study two books side-by-side using Slide Over and Split View (1, 2).
- SxS libraries can be protected using a password and Touch ID.
- Easily transfer books to and from Marvin.
Here are a few highlights of this release:
- Built from scratch with a brand new interface.
- Opens DRM-free EPUB books, CBX, and CBR comics.
- Supports all the latest iOS technologies including Split View, Slide Over, Spotlight, Touch ID, Today Widgets, iCloud, and iPad Pro.
- High-fidelity rendering with the most comprehensive set of customization options you're likely to use.
- Multi-theme UI with optional automatic light/dark switching.
- Vertical scrolling with auto scroll, guide bars, and edge tapping.
- Goodreads integration.
- Karaoke (speed reading).
- External Bluetooth keyboard and remote control support including customizable key commands for in-book navigation and control.
- Side-load your own fonts.
- Reading statistics.
- New library viewing modes and management tools.
- Quick launch panel on iPad.
- Fully customizable, independent, portrait and landscape multi column modes.
- Whole book page numbering.
- Substantially improved highlighting.
- Footnote popups.
- Photo exporer.
- Reading journal with photos, tags, and maps.
- Extensive import and export tools.
(1) the second library and side-by-side reading requires the corresponding Marvin 3 app.
(2) works best on devices that support Split View and Slide Over.
Visit appstafarian.com for a complete and impressive feature list.
Marvin SxS opens DRM-free EPUB books (basic support for 3.0), and CBZ/CBR comics.
If you're into DRM-free books, we worked hard to make Marvin the best way to enjoy them.
This update includes:
* New: Improved compatibility with iOS 11 and latest devices.
* Fixed: Dropbox connectivity problems.
* Updated: Improved Dropbox sync performance.
* Updated: Improved performance of image effects in comic viewer.
* Fixed: Display artefacts on latest devices and system software.
* Updated: Twitter and Facebook share sheets replaced by system share sheet +++
* Miscellaneous performance improvements and fixes.
+++ From iOS 11 onwards, native Twitter and Facebook share sheets need to be replaced with the standard system share sheet. To post you will need the official Twitter and/or Facebook apps installed.
Thanks a lot to everyone who took the time to submit a bug report and provide feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
Has a bug
Works better than apples built in ebook program. But i did find a bug where it skips a couple paragraphs when using the tex to speech function. It will do this at the beginning of new chapters.
Great app! a few small changes would be nice
This app is awesome! I use it to read fanfiction that I download from AO3 as epubs. Works great and i love the dark mode. One thing that would be nice to change is, when you finish reading a epub, the main screen still shows 99% complete, or sometimes 98% or less if its a really short epub. It'd be nice if it said 100% or Finished (since i got to the end and marked it as finished). Just a little thing :) Also the tag system is kind of confusing and im not sure how to add tags to a book. I ended up just using Subjects to add tags, since they show up in the "Subjects and Tags" view, and thats basically what I needed. I couldn't find instructions anywhere on how to use the tags, that would be super helpful. Thank you for making this app, I really love it!
The best e-reader since Stanza
I love this app. Easy. Functional. Classic layout. Intuitive design. Fast. Any book seems to load flawlessly and effortlessly.
I am mystified as to why there are only 14 reviews. I saw where one person said the developer had given up on the app. I can only say that I very much hope that is wrong and that the developer is very much still involved. I’d hate to think this app might not work eventually.
I run this app on an iPhone XS MAX and also on a first year iPad Pro. The app runs flawlessly on both.
I use to use Stanza long long ago when us early adopters knew every app in the tiny al store. I’ve used other apps since Stanza’s demise. I used iBooks a lot, but this last iOS was the final straw that pushed me to no longer use iBooks except to import web stuff as a pdf. iBooks constantly loses every book when updated. It no longer allows you to copy things from it in iTunes. Instead of getting broader and more open, iBooks gets more and more limited. I’ve searched for what feels like eons for an app that I fully trust and love. Fir me, that’s this app.
If the developer keeps the app updated, I’d happily pay $9.99 for this. Yep. It’s that great.
- Appstafarian Limited
- 86.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2013-2016 Appstafarian Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Generous Tip $0.99
- Amazing Tip $1.99
- Incredible Tip $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.