Mask is an anonymous group messaging app where buildings and entire cities become chatrooms. In these chatrooms, users can chat with each other and eventually take their "mask" off by revealing their identity to newly-made connections.
- Group chats and direct messages with anyone in the same building or city as you.
- If place-based messaging isn't your thing, fallback to standard messaging and start conversations with people you know from anywhere in the world.
- Reveal up to five aspects of your identity -- first name, last name, photo, email and/or phone number -- to specific users you meet and would like to know more about.
- Channels to ensure that you only get notified about the topics and conversations you care about.
- Active Status added to make it easier to see if other users are online.
- Smart message grouping! Now messages sent by the same person in a short span of time are grouped together.
- It's now way easier to respond to specific messages in a conversation. Just embed the message you're responding to in your reply!
- Unsent messages get saved as drafts so you have more freedom to start and finish messages whenever you like.
- Zooming and panning now built into the gallery (finally!)
- Support for multiple photo uploads when sending messages.
- Message replies can now be sent through notifications.
- Improved chatroom and channel muting functionality.
- Application Badge now reflects the correct number of unread messages.
- Improved @'ing inside group chats.
- Bug fixes and other improvements :)
Ratings and Reviews
An App to Remember
Mask is one of those singularly captivating and hard-to-forget apps that executes on it's aim to solve the problem of networking in large groups in a solid, unique, and memorable way. Great, quirky UI paired with a sense of mystery and sly professionalism that is a must for a modern networking app, Mask certainly has what it takes to be a game changer. Solid app built by a sharp, street smart team. I can't wait to see what features and innovations will come in the future.
One of the best all around APPs
I’ve got to say Mask has covered all the bases. This is one of the best apps around.
I love that I can chat with people around me and stay anonymous at the same time! Then I can reveal only the pieces of information about me that I *want* to reveal. It's fun and definitely entertaining when you have a chat room full of people at your work and it's all anonymous!! Who is it that really thinks the company is going to give us better coffee for free?!
In a new town and need a good place to eat? Ask a chat room!! I am so excited about this app!
- Onyekachi Nwaobasi
- 44.9 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 12.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Onyekachi Nwaobasi
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.