Mast is a beautiful Mastodon app built with macOS design guidelines in mind. It’s as feature-packed as it is gorgeous. The stunning timelines make reading the latest content a joy.
“What is Mastodon?”, you may ask. It’s a federated and decentralised social network. Think of it as email, where you can choose your provider, yet talk with almost anyone from anywhere regardless of their choices. The instances on Mastodon give users freedom to find their community, whilst allowing everyone to talk with each other with the level of visibility that they want. The content warning feature makes it safer, and the increased character count makes it far more expressible. It’s what microblogging should have always been.
(Requires a Mastodon account)
I'm constantly evolving and crafting Mast to create the perfect Mastodon app for you. If you have any suggestions or feedback, I'd love to hear it!
- Added quick profile switching to the sidebar
- Image borders are now more subtle
- Images now take up the full width for improved visibility
- Added image overlays to indicate toots with multiple images
- Added paging to images for improved scrolling through multiple images
- Added menu items and shortcuts
- Fixed issue where the notifications tab would sometimes get stuck refreshing
- Fixed issue where keyboard commands would trigger the action multiple times
- Fixed issue where toots would sometimes fail to post correctly
- Fixed issue where some composer actions wouldn't present options
- Fixed issue where the composer would fail to dismiss after posting a toot
- Various minor UI and layout changes
If you have any questions or feedback, please get in touch. Mast 2 was created by an incredibly small team of one and I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'm available through Mastodon @JPEG@mastodon.technology or Twitter @JPEGuin.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app is great and has what it needs as a mobile version of mastodon. There are some bugs that aren't so great, one in particular is that I'll try and post a finished toot, but in the process the tab closes and I lose the whole toot. It doesn't save into my drafts, simply just deleted when it was meant to be posted. This aside, I really enjoy the app, thanks guys!
Good app, needs a tiny bit of polish
For one it’s hard to caption images because the image does not stay on screen when captioning, which is bad from an accessibility standpoint. And metrics don’t seem to work at all. However very polished after some updates, just needs a bit more work.
This is turning into my favorite Mastodon app. Would like to see a few new features/options in the future.
- Shihab Mehboob
- 7.8 MB
- Social Networking
macOS 10.15 or later. Requires iOS 13.0 and watchOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 Shihab Mehboob.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Tip $1.99
- One-Off Tip $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.