Award-winning app helping children build confidence though activities designed to improve working memory, language and fine motor skills. The child friendly activities put them in control of their learning and provide an educational tool adaptable to their abilities.
Working memory has been proven to be incredibly important for the development of language and numeracy. The carefully designed activities in this app help children to exercise a number of aspects relating to their visual and auditory working memory
• Range of activities to develop memory, matching, searching and sequencing skills
• Train and improve different aspects of children’s visual and auditory working memory
• Match & Find contains a set of 12 easily-recognizable animal pictures, as well as corresponding written words to move on to as abilities and confidence develop
• Spoken words included in 9 languages to exercise different areas of memory, and provide varying levels of auditory support
• Support for those with poor fine-motor skills as the app works even if a child accidentally taps more than once or can’t precisely position objects
• Activities are clear, uncluttered and can be used in any order
Accessible For All
• Choice of color scheme to assist visually-impaired children
• Suitable to be used for normal-hearing and hearing-impaired children
• The app supports switch control using most Bluetooth and USB switches for those unable to control apps using a touch screen
• All activities are designed to be accessible to children of all abilities, and particularly those with learning disabilities
Why Our Apps Are Different
• Visually clear and simple, with no distracting backgrounds or noises
• No in-app purchases or pop-up ads
• No user tracking
• Developed in collaboration with parents, professionals and teachers of children with special educational needs
• Tested and recommended by Down syndrome and ASD experts and organizations around the world
Reviews from Parents and Professionals
“There is a particular pleasure in being able to discover and show parents something which neither I nor they were aware that their child could do, this has happened more than once! Match & Find is a welcome addition to our toolkit.”
Hilary Stock, Computer Specialist at The Champion Centre in New Zealand.
“A number of principles that have been followed to ensure that Match & Find works well for children who might find other educational apps overwhelming or inaccessible. Their success is what makes this such a well-rounded and useful app.”
Educational App Store, 5 Star Teacher Rating
“Lucy, my daughter, is 9 years old with significant development delays. The difficulties with her fine motor skills have greatly delayed some of her development, particularly with short-term memory. Lucy took to this app quickly. I saw her improve after just one session. She now uses the app daily for between 15 to 20 minutes and continues to make good progress.”
Speak Your Language
• The user interface is provided in 9 languages: Catalan, English (American and British), Dutch, French, German, Norwegian, Polish and Spanish
• All languages use audio provided from native speakers
Part of the Special iApps Family
Special iApps is a multi-award-winning non-profit social enterprise with a worldwide reputation for creating educational apps for those with learning disabilities and additional needs, as well as in preschool education. They initially created apps to teach their youngest son William, who has Down syndrome and autism, now they are supporting children in 100+ countries and 27+ languages.
To discover more of our apps, search for Special iApps in the App Store or visit our website www.specialiapps.org
• Compatible with iOS 14
• Bug fixes
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Special iApps C.I.C.
- 8.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
English, Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2021 Special iApps C.I.C.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.