Download our "Chess King Learn" app and study all courses in the same app.
This course includes more than 2500 exercises for mating in 3 or 4 moves. You will have to use your fantasy and precise calculation in order to find a correct way of attacking the king. After going through this course you are sure to improve your skills and abilities considerably and will not miss an opportunity to employ a nice little combination in a practical game of your own. The program is intended both for club players and intermediate players. All the exercises are taken from practical games and arranged according to the names of pieces and difficulty levels.
This course is in the series Chess King Learn (https://learn.chessking.com/), which is an unprecedented chess teaching method. In the series are included courses in tactics, strategy, openings, middle game, and endgame, split by levels from beginners to experienced players, and even professional players.
With the help of this course, you can improve your chess knowledge, learn new tactical tricks and combinations, and consolidate the acquired knowledge into practice.
The program acts as a coach who gives tasks to solve and helps to solve them if you get stuck. It will give you hints, explanations and show you even striking refutation of the mistakes you might make.
Advantages of the program:
• High quality examples, all double-checked for correctness
• You need to enter all key moves, required by the teacher
• Different levels of complexity of the tasks
• Various goals, which need to be reached in the problems
• The program gives hint if an error is made
• For typical mistaken moves, the refutation is shown
• You can play out any position of the tasks against the computer
• Structured table of contents
• The program monitors the change in the rating (ELO) of the player during the learning process
• Test mode with flexible settings
• Possibility to bookmark favorite exercises
• The application is adapted to the bigger screen of a tablet
• The application does not require an internet connection
The course includes a free part, in which you can test the program. Lessons offered in the free version is fully functional. They allow you to test the application in real world conditions before releasing the following topics:
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
• App is updated for iPhone X
• New home screen
• Disabled automatic playback of refutations
• Option to reset password
• Renaming of account
• Various fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Just right for me
It’s nice to find a collection of problems that’s challenging but not head shakingly difficult. The usual collections that start with mate in 2 and end in blistering 17+ move problems, usually stop me at around 5 or 6 moves. This collection, I will complete. There are about 2000 problems so enough material for a while. You can get an idea of the level from the demo version. Highly recommended.
An enjoyable challenge
It took me a while but I did finish all of them. Then went back and did the 15 that I had totally missed and was able to do them (some with a little help). I definitely improved my skill and ability from doing this exercise, and it was also a great way to pass the time. I look forward to going through more of the Chess King apps.
Sharpening the game
I have found these set ups for the end game to help me with my metal game to set up the mate.
The set up are always well thought out and the hints, Keep frustration low while learning.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- CHESSQUEEN INC
- 44.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Chess King
- In-App Purchases
- Full course $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.