'Math, age 3-5' helps your child to reach their full potential in math.
Trials by the The University of Nottingham showed children moving ahead in math by 18 months, in just 6 weeks of using this app. The first math app in our series, it is already a hit with children and parents all over the world.
What’s more, as a nonprofit organization, we use the proceeds from our apps to help deliver education to children in Malawi.
The first topic in 'Math, age 3-5’ is free, so you and your child can try it out. Further topics can be unlocked through in-app purchase.
'Math, age 3-5’ features:
- 10 core topics for the early years of school, with over 80 activities
- a teacher figure, who shows ‘how to’
- variety, and fun
- progression, and plenty of practice
- a quiz at the end of each topic, with a certificate
- a ‘naming’ button, to personalize the app for your child.
1 Sorting and matching (yours for free)
2 Counting to 3
3 Lines and patterns
4 Counting 4 to 6
5 Where is it?
6 Counting 7 to 10
7 Patterns and shapes
8 Counting 1 to 10
10 Add and take away
Most topics are available in over 50 languages, all within the purchase price.
- minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Used to be great!
In a recent update you now have to pay a SIGNIFICANT amount for almost all the content (which used to be included). I no longer recommend this app. The content is great, but each level, which has maybe 8 lessons now costs $12. Seriously? No.
Horrible noise when child answers incorrectly!!
I would buy the full app because my daughter does enjoy using it in general, and I believe it introduces good math concepts. However, when she answers incorrectly the app produces an extremely obnoxious noise, leading my daughter to be afraid to answer. This is not an issue with other apps that have a more positive effect even when getting the question wrong. Please change noise! Maybe a friendly "try again!"
Could have been great
The art, script, activities, the multiple language options, the concepts and their scaffolding are excellent. Yet, it has 2 big flaws.
* Negative Reinforcement, via a loud alarm. Young children with sound sensitivity will react very negatively at "making a mistake". The loud sound was unnecessary and may reinforce a child's fear of loud sounds with "making a mistake".
* The exercises are presented with the same scripted choices, "paint the sock green", why not a random color chosen by the program? It makes the learning and discovery boring for a child after a few tries because the examples are always the same, a simple variation in the program would have vastly improved its utility.
- onebillion children ltd
- 210.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chichewa, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Macedonian, Malay, Marathi, Pashto, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Wolof, Yoruba, Zulu
- Age Rating
- © onebillion children ltd
- In-App Purchases
- All topics $22.99
- Part 1: (Topics 2 – 5) $11.99
- Part 2: (Topics 6 – 10) $13.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.