An adaptive practice programme to learn the multiplication tables 1 to 10.
Designed for iPad and iPhone (NOT compatible with iPod).
Mathblobs is a practice programme which automatically adjusts itself to your math level. The programme chooses the multiplication tables you have come to and, within a multiplication table, repeats the very sums you have problems with. When you are doing the sums you automatically get help when necessary . It makes practising almost as if it happens of its own accord. Because of the diversity of the games practising is varied which makes it easier to carry on.
The app has been created by RT Amersfoort ( a practice for Remedial Teaching specialised in arithmetics).
Included in Mathblobs:
* Real games which are attractive for children! (so it's not just a nice background image like in many other apps).
* An entry test to determine the level to start with.
* Automatic selection of the right multiplication tables
* An adaptive way of presenting and repeating the right sums within every multiplication table.
* Help when you don't know the outcome of a sum. So practising never gets too hard.
* Regular tests to measure the progress with clear feedback about the progress.
* Motivating saving system. By practising you build up your own blobs collection.
* Bonus game. Here you can put on the blobs you have collected. Every blob has its own character and certain specials which makes a game different every time.
* The possibility for a daily reminder for you not to forget to practise.
The app contains three math games and is fully operational. (The app includes ads which can be removed via in-app purchase).
Target group: primary education, secondary education, pupils suffering from difficulties in automising (dyscalculia).
Developed by: RT Amersfoort (Stephan Vermeire, The Netherlands)
Year of publication: 2014
update account management for dutch version
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app helped my child so much she only new multiplying by one. Now she knows multiplying by 9. I downloaded 8 other games after I saw this I deleted the rest. I like how in the middle she can save up coins to by new characters.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.