Math Clock helps students become fluent working with time. Learners use analog clocks with geared or free-moving hands to learn how to tell time, explore jumps with count by numbers, and visualize story problems involving intervals of time. By placing and shading fraction overlays, students use the clock to contextualize fractions with frequently used denominators.
• Add clocks with geared or free-moving hands.
• Set the time and run a live clock with a second hand.
• Display equivalent digital time.
• Add minute and hour hand labels.
• Jump the minute hand on geared clocks by intervals 1-60.
• Use the elapsed time tool to solve problems involving intervals of time.
• Overlay and shade circle fractions to explore fractional parts of an hour and fractions with denominators of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 15, 20, 30, and 60.
• Duplicate and resize clocks to work with multiple clocks at once.
• Hide and reveal clocks with resizable covers to create your own problems and model strategies.
• Use the drawing tools to annotate work and show understanding.
• Add equations, expressions, and descriptions with the math text and writing tools.
• Share your work by saving an image or providing a share code to others.
For more Math Clock resources and other apps, visit:
To learn about Bridges in Mathematics, an elementary curriculum that employs an array of visual models, visit:
This resource is brought to you by The Math Learning Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to K-12 education since 1976.
This app was crafted by Clarity Innovations. We help improve teaching and learning by creating solutions that match promising technologies with the needs of education.
Visit us: www.clarity-innovations.com
New features in Version 2:
• Share your work by saving an image or url, or code.
• Hide and reveal clocks or other elements with resizable covers.
Version 2.0.3 includes a number of small bug fixes and other improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I hope to add a split screen service in an iPad
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Math Learning Center
- 12.2 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 The Math Learning Center