Math Minion was originally written to be a sophisticated calculation tool that let me explore thoughts I had on the modelling of numerical problems. It has evolved into a program that I more commonly use to develop little pseudo apps for things like tracking my stock portfolio, weather information and recently my daily steps. It has also been used for more sophisticated stuff like implementing the IAPWS Steam 97 tables and dynamic simulation problems as well as some surprisingly complex string processing.
It combines a mind map style representation of the relationships between expressions, with a formula system that operates transparently on scalars, arrays and matrices. A hierarchical model system helps encapsulate calculations in logical and easily duplicated units and a flexible unit conversion system tracks the fundamental property types through calculations. This allows it to know, for instance, that some fathoms divided by a few days is in fact a velocity that should not be added to a kilogram.
If desired, HTML5 can be used to create advanced interfaces to supplement or even hide the calculation models.
Some interesting features include:
• equations that work equally well with scalars, arrays and matrices
• a function library that in addition to the usual suspects includes:
- matrix multiplication, inversion, eigenvalues, eigenvectors, transpose and redimensioning
- comparison (eq, ne, lt, ge, if etc)
- string functions (split, join, regular expressions, etc.)
- interpolation, indexof, select
- complex number and statistical functions
- time, sorting, random, web reading and many more
• an innovative unit conversion system with automatic dimensional analysis
• data tables for storing and manipulating tabular data whether numeric or string
• models and model arrays for information and calculation encapsulation
• a solver for one or more nonlinear equations
• an optimizer
• an ordinary differential equation solver
• an iterator tool.
• 2D and 3D graphs.
• share sessions between iOS and Mac devices using iCloud
• Is simply being shared with no advertising, data harvesting or other commercial aspirations.
Redesign of the diagram icons and connections
Numerous interface tweaks
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Latest release crashes on my ipad2 when I attempt to open almost any function. Math minion simply quits!
Powerful and simple, a rare combination indeed..!
I have found Math Minion to be the perfect combination of Excel (visual orientation of data, does graphs) and Matlab (does operation with matrices) without the need to know any specific computer language.
I'm applying Math Minion to myiPod or iPad and now I have an amazing calculating power "on the go". It is simple to use and all your equations of your algorithms are clearly linked for you to debug easily. When working on a model, your various inputs as well as output is presented on a single window for you to see, and change, so now you have a programmable calculator that I find myself using often. There is nothing so powerful out there! Thank you, RedTree" .
Just entered a loudspeaker enclosure design calculator for closed and vented boxes. Was a straight forward process. This is a useful tool for any type of technical support math chores. I'd like to see some choices for the text size and/or hex node height to improve readability. I think that with a few more features and enhancements I'd rate this five stars. It is the most useful general purpose math app on my iPad. A .pdf version of the manual would be nice on the developer's website and it wouldn't hurt to include some less specialized examples since we don't all have chemical engineering or fluid mechanics backgrounds. Still, a great tool as is!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- RedTree Development Inc.
- 10.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2011-2018 RedTree Development Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.