Math Slide: add & subtract is a multiplayer game helping children to learn addition and subtraction basic number facts. Players play and learn by sliding tiles into the center to match an image, answer or equation. To progress and succeed at mathematics children need to be able to easily recall basic number facts. Math Slide is a fun way to learn and practice this key skill.
• Multiplayer game, suitable for one, two, three or four players
• Games can be played in Competition Mode or Collaboration Mode
• 10 games all focused on the same key math concept
• All games can be played twice for free
• Game 1 and Game 8 can be played unlimited times
• Each game is a little harder than the previous game
• The app focuses on a critical math concept vital for success
To work out if this app is at the right level of challenge try Game 1 and Game 8. If Game 1 is too hard or Game 8 is too easy this app is not at the right level.
The free version of this app allows each game to be played twice. Games 1 and Game 8 can be played unlimited times for free. A paid version which contains all these games and more, and can be used with Apple’s Volume Purchasing Program for Education VPP, it is called Math Slide: Basic Facts.
How to play
1. Select Competition Mode or Collaboration Mode
2. Select a game to play
3. Players join the game by pressing the ‘Join’ button
4. Press ‘Start Game’, wait for the count down, then play
5. Slide a tile into the center to match the image, answer or equation
6. Once tiles are used the game ends
Math focus of each game
Game 1 – representing doubles & pairs to 10
Game 2 – doubles up to 10, pairs that equal 10
Game 3 – doubles up to 10, pairs that equal 10
Game 4 – representing number facts up to 10+10
Game 5 – addition facts up to 10+10
Game 6 – subtraction facts up to 10+10
Game 7 – addition & subtraction facts up to 10+10
Game 8 – number facts with answers to 20
Game 9 – pairs of number facts: 6 + 7 = 8 + ?
Game 10 – triples of number facts: 6 + 5 + ? = 15
Maths Adventures Limited is a New Zealand company helping children learn mathematics. We develop apps that focus on the key concepts that need to be fully understood to progress and succeed in mathematics. Our apps range from learning to count up to understanding and using fractions and decimals, with each app focusing on one key concept.
• Everyone can learn mathematics
• Playing educationally rich games and apps improves understanding
• Learning math should be fun and exciting, a rewarding adventure
Math Slide is part of our ‘play and learn’ series, which are games high in educational value where children learn as they play. Our apps are research based and classroom tested to make sure they help children learn. We use the power of the iPad and technology to empower teachers and help children understand and learn key math concepts and to unravel misunderstandings.
*** Collaborative mode ***
You can now play Math Slide collaboratively. Up to 4 players can work together to complete a game. Each player slides a tile into the middle and when all players have the correct tile in the middle, all players win. Players can also switch to competition mode, where the first player to slide all their tiles into the middle wins.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a demo
Just so you understand: this is a demo. It allows only 2 games per level. That being said, the paid version is worth it. My first graders love this app. Plus it progressively provides the practice they need.
Great for classroom use
All of the Math Slide apps are great!! They allow multiple players to be engaged at once! I will be using on my iPad in my 1st grade classroom.
First time my 9 yr old said "math is fun!"
Thanks! We like playing together
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Maths Adventures Limited
- 22.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Maths Adventures Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Math Slide: addition & subtraction upgrade $1.99