This app includes a wide variety of addition and subtraction word problems designed for students to read-along, draw and solve. The format & problems were developed in consultation with the American Common Core and TEKS curriculums.
Note that there is a paid version of this app which includes all levels.
This app is designed to be used in a classroom or home setting where a teacher or family member is available to work through problems and discuss problem-solving strategies with the student(s). After successfully choosing the answer, the correct equation is briefly shown on the screen in large format to help cement learning. The app tracks the number of questions answered correctly on the first try and reports on this figure at the end of each level.
These problems were designed with the following mathematical standards (primarily Number, operation, and quantitative reasoning) in mind:
-- American Common Core Standards (for Second & Third Grade) --
This app supports the following Common Core Standards - (3.OA.8,3.NBT.2):
• Solve two-step word problems using the four operations. Represent these problems using equations with a letter standing for the unknown quantity.
• Fluently add and subtract within 1000 using strategies and algorithms based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction.
-- Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills Standards (for Second & Third Grade) --
This app supports the following TEKS Standards - (188.8.131.52.B):
• Select addition or subtraction and use the operation to solve problems involving whole numbers through 999.
To keep kids motivated, this app includes an optional bonus game for every 10 questions answered correctly. All of these 4 games last no longer than 60 seconds and are meant to serve as a spaced break from the math word problems. The 4 games include the following:
1) Pop the balloons (directed play with a focus on hand-eye coordination)
2) Feed the frog (directed play with a focus on hand-eye coordination)
3) Draw a picture (open-ended play with a focus on creativity and self-expression)
4) Launch the planes (open-ended play with a focus on hand-eye coordination)
Get in Touch
We love to hear feedback from parents and educators. As well, consider joining our group of app testers and educational authors! Learn more at tapfun.com and/or contact Jordy at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have improved the performance of the application. Thank you for your support.
Ratings and Reviews
You should mix the subtractions and additions together; so the kids don't get the bad habits without reading the problems. But they still get the right answer because you put the problems in order.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Tapfun Inc.
- 50.9 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- © 2018 Tapfun Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- full version $2.99