This app includes a wide variety of multiplication and division word problems designed for students to read-along, draw and solve. The format & problems were developed in consultation with the American Common Core and TEKS curriculums.
Note that there is a school version of this app that is fully unlocked and eligible for the educational volume discount program.
This app is designed to be used in a classroom or home setting where a teacher or family member is available to work through problems and discuss problem-solving strategies with the student(s). After successfully choosing the answer, the correct equation is briefly shown on the screen in large format to help cement learning. The app tracks the number of questions answered correctly on the first try and reports on this figure at the end of each level.
These problems were designed with the following mathematical standards (primarily Operational & Algebraic) in mind:
-- American Common Core Standards (for Third Grade) --
This app supports the following Common Core Standards - (3.OA.1-9):
• represent and solve problems involving multiplication and division
• use multiplication and division within 100 to solve word problems
• fluently multiply and divide within 100
• understand division as an unknown-factor problem
-- Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills Standards (for Third Grade) --
This app supports the following TEKS Standards:
• learn and apply multiplication facts through 12 by 12 using concrete models and objects
• solve and record multiplication problems
• use models to solve division problems and use number sentences to record the solutions
To keep kids motivated, this app includes an optional bonus game for every 10 questions answered correctly. All of these 4 games last no longer than 60 seconds and are meant to serve as a spaced break from the math word problems. The 4 games include the following:
1) Pop the balloons (directed play with a focus on hand-eye coordination)
2) Feed the frog (directed play with a focus on hand-eye coordination)
3) Draw a picture (open-ended play with a focus on creativity and self-expression)
4) Launch the planes (open-ended play with a focus on hand-eye coordination)
Get in Touch
We love to hear feedback from parents and educators. As well, consider joining our group of app testers and educational authors! Learn more at tapfun.com and/or contact Jordy at email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.