Solves basic math problems using the camera.
1 Hold your iPhone or iPad over a math problem.
2 MathCam scans the problem and shows you the answer.
• Tap through the solution step-by-step
• See the color coded operations update directly in the math problem
• Works with Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division problems
• Works with Order of Operations (PEMDAS / BODMAS) problems
• Works with Mean, Mode, Median & Range problems
• Works with math problems on paper, workbooks, or directly from computer and device screens
• Works with single line or multi-line math problems
• Works with powers and exponents
• Works with whole numbers and decimal numbers
MathCam View Finder features
• Tap and Hold on device screen to pause scanning
• Double-Tap on device screen to change View Finder size and shape
• Drag the View Finder anywhere on device screen
• Portrait and Landscape
What is 9 / 1.5 + 7 (6 - 3) ?
What is the mean, mode, median & range of 2, 4.5, 6, 7, 3, 4.5, 1, 3, 5?
MathCam can scan these and give the answer in less time than it takes you to read them.
Bug fixes and performance improvements. Occasionally a scan would incorrectly show an invalid algebraic expression, which is now fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Does not work
This doesn’t work. Great idea though. It just scans and scans then you get an error saying it can’t do algebra (regardless of what you type in)
Developer Response ,
Thank you for reporting this bug. It has been fixed in update v2.2.1.
Works great as shown, just remember to allow access to camera.
Works great on my iPad and even better on my 6s. Not perfect but with decent lighting and a good problem, works almost instantly! I'm actually very impressed with the speed once you have a nicely lit typed out problem. The update also helps the visual aesthetic. Works well on printed problems, not really hand written.
Can't do anything with this app unless you purchase the camera option. Don't bother downloading.
Developer Response ,
After you grant access to the camera, you can solve basic math problems as shown in the App Previews for free. A one time upgrade can then be purchased for unlimited use.
- TURTLE BEACH STUDIO LLC
- 34.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Turtle Beach Studio, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- MathCam Upgrade $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.