PocketCAS is the most advanced mathematics application for iPhone and iPad. It can help you with any kind of math problem, from elementary school all the way up to calculus, algebra and statistics. It can replace your old graphing calculator, help you with your homework, and assist you in any kind of calculation for university or work.
This app is an indispensable tool for every student, teacher and engineer. It makes college-level calculus and algebra easy and can help you in a wide range of cases. It provides features comparable with a TI-89 calculator and combines them with a modern, intuitive interface and incredible graphics capabilities.
- 2D Plots: Quickly create 2D cartesian, implicit, polar or parametric plots.
- 3D Plots: PocketCAS draws stunning 3D plots! Supports x-y cartesian plots, parametric area plots and parametric line plots.
- Animated plots: Use the variable 'anim' to animate any plot over time.
- Calculus: Calculate limits, derivatives, integrals and taylor expansions.
- Linear Algebra: Invert and multiply matrices or calculate determinants, eigenvalues and much more!
- Algebra: Perform integer and polynomial factorization and division, use permutations, and more.
- Solving: PocketCAS will solve almost any equation for you. It even supports systems of linear equations and ordinary differential equations!
- Scripting: PocketCAS' C-style scripting language allows you to define custom functions, use conditional expressions, loops and also supports recursion.
- Physical Units: Constants and units are provided out of the box. Simply enter physical formulas with the corresponding units and convert results to the units you prefer.
- iCloud support: Sync documents between your Mac, iPhone and iPad!
- Export: Print or export plots, entries or the whole document as PDF!
- Document Import: Load functions and variables from existing documents to re-use your work in other calculations.
- CSV Import: Load tabular data in CSV format and process it!
- Mathematical keyboard: PocketCAS' mathematical keyboard is unmatched on the App Store.
- Help: All functions are explained in the built-in reference. If you're stuck, there's plenty of tutorials as well as a manual (https://pocketcas.com/manual) to get you going. And you can always contact our support (https://pocketcas.com/support) for help!
- Offline computation: PocketCAS doesn't need an internet connection to calculate results.
"This program has an incredible amount of power for such a compact program. I teach high school math, and this program can work with all sorts of expressions, graphs, and help check my work. Definitely worth it!"
"You will love this calculator. It's powerful to calculate everything, doesn't matter you're a high school student or college student. Specially for the people who like to solve problems with graphs!"
"This app is so powerful and slick looking. It is totally amazing and what it can do."
"One of three Apps I use when teaching A Level maths. Have recommended to numerous students. Excellent."
"This is one of the best. The CAS capabilities are compatible to only two other apps, and this one is all offline and includes countless additional features. It's never steered me wrong and is the first thing I go to when I'm in a hurry to figure something out. If you're a student this is pretty much as good as it can get."
"I am 8 years old and this App is awesome! It helps you learn calculus quickly. It's a work of art!"
- Fixed an issue with loading documents stored in iCloud Drive, but not inside the "PocketCAS" folder in iCloud Drive.
- Various stability fixes, especially with regards to the toolbar as well as plotting.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent math app
Amazing. It finds the answer to the integral ∫(1/(x^3-1),x,0,∞). Wolfram could not do that. One thing I really like about this app is how it allows you to create documents (consisting of calculation steps, plot steps, or script steps) which can be saved, imported, or exported. In any step in a document the variable Ans always contains the result of the last calculation so, for example, you can have pocketcas differentiate a function in x in a calculation step, and follow with a plot step that plots Ans, to see the graph of the derivative. Also any step can be duplicated, which saves a lot of typing when you want to do similar things. On graphs of functions, you can easily zoom in and out, display x and y coordinates while moving along a curve, and see a table of coordinate points that belong to the curve. It works very well with complex numbers and symbolic calculations. It is easiest to use on an iPad, but I've had no problem using it on my iPhone.
Best calculator on IOS
This calculator takes full advantage of the iPhone and iPad platform interface to provide efficient problem solving. Many calculator apps emulate 20-40 year old technology that involves punching emulated buttons and storing information in awkward ways. This application allows you to capture the full equation and keep it as long as you want. If you don’t know the equation the app can help you find it. There is an extensive library of functions for a wide range of disciplines. Plotting and programming capabilities are also powerful.
The developer is also responsive and open to suggestions. Two suggestions I submitted showed up in a couple of weeks. In summary this is my go to tool for simple to complex calculations.
Amazing feature set and better value than competing calculators.
This creator is amazing. They support their app for the long run.
I had bought math studio after buying space time (which was the previous name of space time, and I had just purchased a new iPad and found that PocketCAS still works.
Mathstudio, on the other hand, when are their way to release a newer Version of the application so that you could no longer download the older and more capable version forcing you to pay again. If I bought MathStudio again, I would’ve had to spend $60 so far.
The creator(s) of PocketCAS on the other hand are still supporting the version I bought in between the purchases of SpaceTime and MathStudio.
So, not only is PocketCAS just as good as (if not better than) competing calculators when it comes to the feature set, but they simply also provide a substantially better value. If you’re deciding between the two, get this one.
- Thomas Osthege und Daniel Alm
- 38.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Daniel Alm
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.