Add math expressions to your documents just by drawing it. MathKey converts your handwriting to LaTeX, MathML or images.
● Write the math expression with your finger or Apple Pencil.
● MathKey will convert your handwriting to :
- LaTeX/MathML expression for Pages, Numbers, Word and any LaTeX/MathML compatible app.
- image for any other app that is compatible with images.
● Remote Keyboard : connect MathKey to your computer via our website and paste generated content right on your computer !
● Pick any color for both LaTeX, MathML and image output. You can save up to 20 colors.
● When converting to an image, paste it from the pasteboard or, on an iPad, drag-and-drop it.
● MathKey is powered by MyScript © Interactive Ink state-of-the-art technology.
● Dark & Light themes.
- An Internet connectivity is mandatory.
- Quotas may be imposed in case of abusive use.
- Although MyScript © Interactive Ink technology is very reliable, results are not guaranteed.
- Apple Pencil works only with compatible iPad.
- MathKey is a keyboard.
- Faster recognition
- Preparations for the brand new version 2.0
● Version 1.3 ●
- New grid background
- Dark mode support
- Supports 2nd generation Apple Pencil double-tap feature : you can easily switch between the pen and the eraser or display the color picker.
- Supports new iPad Pro 11 inch display.
- Pencil Lock : automatically disable finger input while writing with an Apple Pencil.
- MathML support : choose between LaTeX and MathML in the app's settings.
- Better support of WolframAlpha® with an option removing spaces.
- New installation tutorial.
Ratings and Reviews
App is perfectly converts equations to LaTeX, MathML, or image format
This app should be a little clearer in informing potential users upfront that it works by adding a new keyboard to iOS or iPadOS. It’s math recognition engine is *very* good, and it’s quite handy.
Why only four stars, then? I feel that it’s missing one key feature: a built-in scatchpad or viewer of some sort.
Currently, you have to use a third-party LaTeX app or notepad app (the built-in Notes app is … okay for this purpose — it doesn’t directly support LaTeX, so it’s little help there, but it can work with the images created). If the developers would add a scratchpad feature that could render the LaTeX *and* accept the images, also, that would ideal and the app would earn five stars from me!
Missing a crucial feature...
I like the concept of this keyboard, and as far as handwriting recognition with the Apple pencil goes, it is pretty accurate, though not as accurate as MyScript Nebo, which is a standalone app. MyScript Nebo will recognize my handwriting even if I write sloppy, whereas with this app, I have to make sure I’m writing slower and more neatly, which makes it less efficient.
Most importantly, the main reason I bought this keyboard was to input MULTI-line expressions in the form of images, like you can in MyScript Nebo, into Word and PowerPoint documents. As far as I can tell, there is no way to do this with this keyboard. Anytime I attempt to write more than one line it bunches the expression together into one long line with multiple equal signs. Very irritating. I have to input each line separately, which is time consuming and defeats the purpose of me getting this app to begin with. If the developer can add this feature, that would be great. Looks like I have to go back to using MyScript Nebo in multitasking mode in the meantime...
Developer Response ,
Edit : multi-line equations are now properly rendered. I would love if you could update your review ! Enjoy using MathKey.
Thank you for your review.
I am currently working on a fix for multi-line equation images. No update will be required and it should work by the end of the week.
As of recognition being better on Nebo, I will have to run some tests and may be do some adjustments. It should be as efficient as Nebo as it relies on the same engine.
If you have other suggestions, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have been using MathKey Keyboard app on my iPad Pro to insert math equations when I am using the PDF Expert App.
In PDF Expert I would click on the insert "text" button which would bring up the iPad's default keyboard.
Next I switch over to MathKey App's Keyboard
Select the "Image" insert option
Hand write a math equation and click "copy"
Usually at this point it would bring up prompts "Converting" then "Generating" and then display an image of the equation i had written in the bottom right hand corner, which I could copy or drag and drop into PDF Expert.
However, recently after clicking "Copy" it will give me the "Converting" then "Generating" prompts and then tell me "Check Your Internet Connection"
I have tried multiple different troubleshooting attempts, checking internet connection, making sure App keyboard has Full Access, deleted the App and reinstalled it.
I finally downloaded MathKey App on a second iPad connected to the same network and used it exactly as described above and it worked.
Could someone please help me solve this issue. I have emailed the App developers but haven't gotten a responce. I had been using this App successfully for several months and cant figure out what has changed so that it doesnt work any more on my iPad, but works on a different iPad.
Appreciate any help!
Prior to this issue would give 5 star review. If you could help me solve this issue I would be happy to change my review :)
Developer Response ,
There was an issue with the image generation server.
I am sorry for the inconvenience and would love if you could update your review.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nicolas Dalbard
- 23.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Nicolas Dalbard
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.