Create cloud-based 3D models of real spaces to experience and share.
The Matterport 3D Capture System provides a full end-to-end solution to quickly and consistently capture and create dimensionally-accurate and visually-realistic digital twins of your space.
Key App Features:
• Scan with your iPhone or iPad camera
• Scan with your Matterport Pro 2 3D, Pro2 Lite 3D, Pro 3D Camera
• Scan with your Leica BLK360 Lidar scanner
• Scan with your Insta360 ONE X or Ricoh Theta Z1 or Theta V 360 camera
• Manage the capture process as you move to different locations within a space
• Upload your captured data to your account within the Matterport Cloud, where it is processed into a high-fidelity 3D model.
The Matterport Capture App is the first step in creating your own digital twin:
Step 1 – Capture: use this application to quickly capture depth data and imagery of a space. You can use your iPhone or iPad camera, or use a connected 360° camera.
Capture directly with supported iOS devices:
• iPhone 6S and newer
• iPad Air 2 and newer
Supported external cameras:
• Matterport Pro2 3D, Pro2 Lite 3D and Pro 3D
• Leica BLK360
• Ricoh Theta Z1
• Ricoh Theta V
• Insta360 ONE X
Spaces captured by iPhones, iPads, and 360 cameras leverage Matterport's Cortex AI to synthesize depth data.
Step 2 – Upload and View: The captured data is then uploaded to the Matterport cloud for processing. Users can log into My.Matterport.com to view their processed 3D models.
Step 3 – Experience and Share: Experience and share 3D models through the visually stunning Matterport 3D Showcase or launch Workshop to customize, measure or annotate the models.
• You *must* be signed in to your Matterport account to enable captures with the iPhone camera, Theta Z1, Theta V or ONE X (requires an additional download).
• Insta360 ONE X: you *must* be running production firmware 1.18.16 or higher. Use the ONE X app or download from www.insta360.com/download/insta360-onex to update.
iOS Device Limitations:
• We support all iOS devices that can upgrade to iOS 12.
• Older iOS devices with only 1GB of RAM (iPad Air, mini 2, mini 3; iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5S; iPod Touch (6th)) are best with a Matterport Pro (1st Gen) 3D Camera. Pro 2 camera performance may be slow. These devices do not support the ONE X, Theta Z1, Theta V, or BLK360 cameras.
• Scanning with a Leica BLK360 requires iOS devices with 3GB or more of RAM (iPad Pro 11", 12.9"; iPad mini 5; iPhone 7 Plus, 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone 11 variants).
• 360 Cameras (Theta Z1, Theta V, ONE X) require iOS devices with 2GB or more of RAM (e.g. iPad Air 2, mini 4 or later; iPhone 6S, SE or later).
• The Ricoh Theta S and Theta SC can connect and enable the scan button, but will hang at 'transferring'. These cameras do not fully support v.2.1 of the Open Spherical Camera (OSC) spec and are unsupported.
• Automatic application updates are a separate iOS setting from operating system updates. See the “iTunes & App Store” section in iOS settings.
• Please send questions, comments, bug reports to email@example.com
• You can join Capture beta programs at matterport.com/beta.
• Fixed: a significant source of crashes in 4.0.0, 4.0.1 [Issue #1 at the 'known issues' link below]
• Fixed: sporadic very long alignment times for a 3D Scan. Sometimes this was preceded by or followed by a crash. [Issue #2 at the link below]
• Fixed: the 'minimap' (the 2D top-down preview of the scans) is blank after opening a scan job, sometimes with a message that says 'updating map'. In this new version, we will inspect every scan and update it if necessary the first time a job is opened. This only needs to happen once per scan job. For very large jobs it may take several minutes to check everything. You can dismiss this inspection if inconvenient, but the next time you open the scan job it will start again until completed. This step is focused on what you see within Capture; it does not alter the underlying scan data and does NOT need or imply the need to upload again. [Issue #3 at the link below]
• Fixed: 'spray' or 'scratches' appear on previously scanned areas of the minimap (e.g. black pixels). [Issue #4 at the link below]
• Fixed: blurry sections of an iPhone or iPad Capture that appear as if one or more shots in the rotation were missed. [Issue #5 at the link below]
We will update major known issues here:
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I have no idea what the other reviews are about
This app is great. The UI is nice and intuitive and just works.
The main issue with this app is how long it takes for a 360 camera to scan and convert it to 3D but it's totally understandable why it takes so long.
First off it takes I assume 3 pictures of the room, blends them to create a hdr picture, then has to convert it to 3D. The aligning takes a while though but it's not a problem because it's pretty much the same time it takes to move the camera to the next point.
The reason I rated it 3 stars is how much it compresses the image of 360 cameras. I actually wouldn't care if it took longer to transfer if I could get the full quality of my camera. If I compare pictures taken with matterport with pictures taken with the camera using the app, matterport looks so much worse which is unfortunate.
Free account is useless
Don’t get me wrong, the software looks great. But when you try to upload your first scan, there is not enough size associated with a free account to upload even ONE scan. So basically they are making you upgrade to a monthly subscription in order for it to be usable at all.
Great idea but worthless app
I’m a luxury real estate photographer and got excited when I heard about matterport for iPhone. I signed up, downloaded the app, installed the 3D engine, and was all excited to try this out. I get to the property, open the app, select my iPhone (I have the 11 max) it didn’t ask which lens to use, just brought up a window with a target, for the first scan or picture. As soon as I line up the target to scan, the app crashed and closed. Now before I downloaded this app, in the description it says this latest version or update addresses all the crashes from previous versions. So, I tried again, and exact same thing happened. I turned my phone off and back on, and again, crashed on the very first scan. I tried another room, and happened again. At this point, the app is crap, can’t get past the first scan or image and this thing is useless.
- Matterport Inc
- 246.2 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- ©2013-2020 Matterport, Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.