Mastering typing has never been easier than with the all-new edition of Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Powered by UltraKey! The award-winning software program provides the most efficient way to learn and master typing fundamentals. Designed by educators, Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Powered by UltraKey uses a success-based approach to typing instruction. This powerful and motivating way to learn provides a clear path to learning a new skill by setting personal goals and progressing along guided road maps.
Just follow these seven easy steps to achieve your typing success!
Step 1: Set Your Personal Goal
Success-based learning begins with setting a personal challenge level for speed and accuracy that you seek as you complete lessons.
Step 2: Learn Good Posture Habits
A virtual reality model demonstrates correct body and hand position.
Step 3: Typing Technique
Video and interactive graphics teach you typing technique, finger names and home row position.
Step 4: Learn New Keys One Stage at a Time
Systematically develop new keystrokes, blending them into pairs, chains, words and sentences.
Step 5: Build Your Skill by Using It
For each lesson you complete, a corresponding skill check uses real-word typing challenges to ensure your progress.
Step 6: Practice Excellent Typing at all Times
Timed typing tests give standardized performance results that you can put on your resume!
Step 7: Celebrate Your Success!
After just 8 hours of using this software, you can master typing basics and more!
• Success-based approach: structured learning determined by user’s own plan and timetable
• Three types of instruction: Voice, videos and animated graphics
• Users set a personal pace and choose their own path of learning
• 12 interface themes and numerous options adapt to age, personal needs and learning style
• More than 100 skill checks and typing tests
• 18 exciting videos introduce typing activities and demonstrate proper stretch break techniques
• Specific tips for improvement based on unique typing pattern assessments
• Short, bite-sized, 20 minute sessions containing sequence lessons and skill development activities
• Stunning 3D graphics to demonstrate correct posture and typing techniques
• More Information Resource: Provides important information on correct body posture, tips for avoiding repetitive strain injuries (RSIs), typing actions, enrichment ideas, additional in-depth concepts and more
• User-friendly system for everyone ages 8 to 88
• Engineered for all current Macintosh computers.
PLEASE NOTE: Spelling and keyboards are North American English.
•Clicking the Speak button now plays extra help from Mavis Beacon.
•Higher quality video with space bar pause control.
•A Typing Test Report button has been added to the Typing Test results screen.
•Improved sound quality.
Ratings and Reviews
Not the Same
When trying to go to “User Guide” it wont let me (bugs). I’ve restarted my Mac and still can’t get into it. I’m dissapointed in this App and have used Mavis Beacon before (with my Windows). This is a big let down, I miss the games like the old Mavis Beacon offered, and the challenges. Then I notice the price is higher than if I would have ordered online instead of the app store (what a rip-off). I’m highly disappointed in Apple (price increase) and Mavis Beacon (no games like the old Mavis and bugs!).
I’ve been using Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing for years. I started with Version 4 on my old windows computer & it’s Awesome! I’ve got alittle rusty over the years so I’m glad this version is available on my Macbook Pro. I’ve been having a ball learning all over again & they’ve come a long way. Much better graphics & lessons. Anyone that wants to learn how to type & are tired of pecking like I was should buy this program. It’s worth every penny, trust me! I’m in my 50’s & having a ball with this app. Everyone in the family can use it at the same time with their own unique name. Enjoy All, I know I am!!
Really waste my money
Actually i dont like to write reveiew on any apps but on this app i must write something coz its mind be help other customers
for not waste their money like me so i hope you read customer review before buy this app….i bought this app coz before i saw my friends
learning typing with interest game in mavis app so i paid $30 but there have no game with typing ,very boring typing lesson………. just totally waste my money ….
i dont know where should i ask them refund money
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.