MAVIS is the ultimate pro filmmaking and broadcast camera for the iPhone. It provides professional level filming tools including focus peaking, waveform monitor, vectorscope, false color and zebras. It gives you audio controls, audio metering, custom resolutions, framerates and recordings formats. It also brings a natural interface to give you full flexible manual control while shooting.
- Focus peaking and expanded focus for manual focus assist
- Zebras and False Color exposure assist
- Manual focus, exposure and color
- HD, 2K and 4K* recording
- High bitrate, HEVC and ProRes encoding*
- Custom frame rates up to 240fps*
- Digital Zoom in 1080p
- Dual camera support*
- Full screen mode
- Custom audio inputs
- Audio metering and manual audio gain control where available*
- Real-time audio passthrough for monitoring in headphones*
- Real-time full-scale vectorscope for color work
- Real-time full-scale waveform monitor for exposure monitoring
- Support for UltraSync BLUE from Timecode Systems
- Global Presets
- Custom Function (FN) button
- Multiple saving and sharing options
- Apple Watch record start/stop remote
- Support Docs
SUPPORT FOR MULTIPLE RESOLUTIONS*:
- 4K (UHD)
- 4K (4:3) - record at maximum camera resolution without audio
- 2K (4:3)
CUSTOM FRAME RATES:
- Presets available include 23.98fps, 24fps, 25fps, 29.97fps, 30fps, 50fps, 60fps*
- Select any frame rate from 3fps up to 240fps*
- Record up to 240fps in 1080p*
ADVANCED EXPOSURE CONTROLS
- View shutter in angles and speed
- Shutter lock (e.g. lock at 180°)
- Separate target focus and exposure reticles
FULL MANUAL CONTROLS FOR:
- Color temperature
- Focus peaking and Expanded focus helps ensure your shots are always in focus
- Waveform monitor helps you shoot with the optimum dynamic range
- Vectorscope ensures your colors are consistent and your white balance is correct
- Zebra overlay helps ensure your shots are never over exposed
- False color support for Gradient and Ranges with full details about color representations
- False color helps ensure your shots are never over/under exposed
ENCODING BIT RATES:
- 10Mbit/s (Make your storage last longer)
- 20Mbit/s (Standard)
- 30Mbit/s (High quality production)
- 50Mbit/s (Great for post and color grading)
- 100Mbit/s (Great for very high quality productions, color grades and visual effects)*
- Custom external inputs
- Select external audio input from Lightning connector or analog input
- Stereo audio from Lightning connected inputs
- Internal mic selection and polar pattern
- Manual gain control where available
- Audio pass-through/monitoring with headphones*
- VU metering
- Recording Tally
- De-Squeeze support for Moondog Anamorphic Lens
- Image flip support for DOF adaptors
- Support for different aspect ratios in the viewfinder
- Support for guide overlays in viewfinder
THIRD PARTY SUPPORT
- Support for Timecode Systems UltraSync BLUE
*Device restrictions apply. See website for full details - shootmavis.com/specs
MAVIS was developed by filmmakers for filmmakers and we hope you enjoy it as much as we do :-)
Updates for iPhone 15
Ratings and Reviews
Professional functionality and full potential features.
I downloaded this 3 years ago on an iPhone 11 and was blown away. The features of this app exceed what I have ever experienced, and the functionality is well suited for professional A/V use. I was struck by the interface, which included a both a vectorscope and a waveform monitor. It was unexpected and slightly intimidating to have so many settings at hand all at once. Definitely has a learning curve, and the going over the manual is a must (but easily accessible thankfully). You can’t just bust this app out and start recording immediately; it’s not really suited for casual situations or the average user. The most you can do is go full auto, but you are really missing out on the outstanding capabilities your iPhone has. I appreciate the developers and team behind this because of this apps complexity.
Incredible broadcast quality camera!
I cannot stop using this app. It is super inspiring especially when you have the newest iPhones. Mavis Pro has so much professional control over your shooting.
You can choose which microphone source to activate on the phone for directional or omnidirectional audio. For example I can use just the iPhone’s rear microphone with subcardioid pattern for interviews, or even better try an external USB microphone and control its input levels right from the app.
My favorite feature is the butter smooth zoom feature. You can zoom in and out by just swiping up or down very gently while filming. It will give you professional results with precise zoom shots! I love it so much.
You can have precise control over the video too. In the viewfinder you’ll find focus peaking, false color, expanded focus, zebras, guides, aspect overlays, and lens support for Moment lenses or even the Beastgrip DOF2. The option of setting your white balance is a nice added option also.
The video format options are endless. I love having so much control over file size, fps, and overall quality. Up to 100Mbit 4K 60fps.
Support for custom timecode options including UltraSync Blue. Control for Zhiyun gimbal Smooth 4 is also included.
This app is by far one of my best investments!
Totally recommended if you are a video pro and love the ability to shoot broadcast and cinema quality video without any additional gear.
Would like to be optimistic
Due to recent business changes around my go-to filmmaking app, I’m on the hunt for an alternative. I’ve driven Mavis around the block in the past but for me, there was no compelling reason to switch, especially since it appeared to be abandoned. Now there may be.
So, four stars because the app hasn’t kept up with the hardware capability or with gimbal integration. But four stars because Mavis is an outstanding filmmaking app, right down to the details even in the current free version. Superior flexibility (e.g., no forced limits on shutter angle based on frame rate) to what I’m currently using. There are a couple of things I wish the app had, but the core functionality is solid.
So, I’m watching to see if the app still has ongoing developer interest. If it does, then it absolutely has my interest as well.
Developer Response ,
Hi there. It’s true we ran out steam with the app. Although we loved it we had to concentrate on other things. However, watch this space 🤭
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mavis Broadcast Ltd
- 27.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
English, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Mavis Broadcast Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Big Bundle $17.99
- Formats $5.99
- Pro Tools $5.99
- Viewfinder $5.99
- Timecode $2.99
- Gimbals $2.99
- Timecode UltraSync BLUE $0.00