Maxel is an efficient and easy-to-use download manager which can:
- Resume most downloads, even if your mac restarts
- Speed up downloads by splitting the file into up to 100 segments
- Automatically retry stalled downloads and manage your download queue
- Drag & drop selections from webpages into Maxel to download any links within
- Kickoff downloads from within Safari/Chrome/Firefox
- Log into file sharing websites from Maxel's built-in browser to download authenticated files
- Compute MD5/SHA1 hashes of files to detect corruption
- Use SSH public key authentication for SFTP
- An API for adding downloads in scripts
Maxel supports the following protocols: http, https, sftp
* Fixes a crash when starting a download from the built-in browser on 10.15 Catalina. Older versions of macOS are unaffected.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A must have for IT professionals
Fast downloads and auto resume are helpful. The built in browser is what makes this tool brilliant for downloading from any location.
Does what it claims very well
The download speed of safari vs Maxel is a massive difference. Normal download time for a 7.5gb file was estimated at two hours in safari, Maxel finished it in less than 20 minutes.
Nice efficient downloader
Works great in Catalina to quickly download files. Launches quickly and is unobtrusive. Supports drag and drop downloading of links.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Chris Li
- 3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2011-2016 Chris Li
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.