MaxStats - Basketball, powered by MaxPreps is a stat keeping for the iPad for high school statisticians, coaches and fans. The app is directly connected to the MaxPreps database so pregame setups and postgame score/stat imports are quick and easy.
Free MaxPreps Membership is required. The app works for boys and girls Varsity/JV/Freshman basketball.
• Interactive basketball court and scoreboard for visual game reference.
• Keeps track of all of the MaxPreps.com stat categories, including timeouts and fouls – for both your team and your opponent! Real-time editing allows you to quickly make corrections to your stats without missing any game action.
• The application features built-in NFHS basketball rules engine to make data entry faster.
• Rosters can be modified at start time to reflect jersey changes as well as setting the starting lineup. Substitutions are made during the game with a single touch.
• Demo game included on the schedule to practice using the application before game night.
• Export stats directly to MaxPreps.com. The team administrator can preview the results prior to posting them on the team page. Results from multiple scorekeepers at the same game are available for comparison.
• In-game and Postgame player reports, team summary reports, and shot charts.
• Individual and player combination impact reports.
• Camera interface to take a picture during the game and attach it to any game event.
• Add post game photos or video clips to any event for any game in the library.
California Privacy/Info We Collect - https://ca.privacy.cbs
Do Not Sell My Personal Information - https://ca.privacy.cbs/donotsell
Added the 23-24 season.
Ratings and Reviews
Great App, with one suggestion
This is a great app for stat keeping, I’ve used this app for years and I am very happy with it. It has a simple to use interface and is easy to use.
I would love to see 1 or 2 “custom” stat buttons. There are “hustle stats” or team goals that we like to track and if we had the ability to have an “other” or “custom” stat button that would be great.
Needs several improvements
This app has so much potential and could be great. The biggest issue I have is the clock. It’s a tiny button to pause it, and when you enter a score, the clock starts itself automatically even when you want it stopped. Very annoying, but it also leads to the biggest issue — when you need to then reset the clock back to match the actual game, it doesn’t subtract that time from the player’s minutes.
So, for example, if the clock on the app is running for 20 seconds after the game clock stopped either bc you forgot to stop it or it started on its own, you notice & stop it, then you edit the app’s clock back 20 sec to match the real time. All good, except that now the players that were on the floor have that extra 20s on their minutes. It will even show that they’ve played 8:20 of an 8 minute quarter. This adds up over the course of a game.
That issue makes it so you can’t trust the player’s minutes, which I need to show player efficiency, to see which players do best on the floor together, etc.
Good App ……. Has some bugs
Have been using the app for nine games now and have found that after a few games, the game clock starts malfunctioning ……. Dropping large chunks of time on every restart, when running dropping 3 seconds for every click of the clock. I have deleted the App and reloaded it (and then had to restore all the game files from the MaxPreps server) and the clock works properly until the bug reappears after a few games. User manual could be better…. looks the App May be automatically adding a turnover when an offensive foul is entered, but it does not show up in the events log. User manual does not mention this so will have to do some testing to figure it out.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MaxPreps Inc.
- 11.9 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2022 MaxPreps Corporation