MayaEDU is a unique interactive flip clinical-education tool for diagnosis and critical-thinking training. Medical students, residents, and instructors can be used in real time in class, during rounds, or on their own. Established medical cases can be uploaded to the platform and instructors can disseminate medical cases and observe how students evaluate cases through the web-based platform.
1. MayaEDU provides a full differential diagnosis engine that can process any number and/or combination of symptoms, signs, labs, tests, medications, past medical history.
2. Guides the students on relevant patient interview questions.
3. Helps the student understand the relevant labs, radiology test, and physical signs to take to refine the diagnosis.
4. Students can reorder their differential list as well as generate their own differential diagnosis list.
5. Real-time cases promote an unmatched learning experience.
6. Instructor can take students through required case studies and evaluate student’s understanding & decision-making process.
7. Instructor and students can post forum discussions on MayaEDU’s social platform, Xynapse™.
8. Instructor can watch their students’ screens in real time as they respond to questions creating the ability to evaluate the student’s clinical reasoning skill.
9. Technology to increase student participation rates
10. Instructor and admin can create groups that correspond to classes and specific grouping of students.
11. Schools can brand the app and upload medical cases to the platform.
12. Complementary professional clinician app (MayaPro) and patient app (MayaMD)
In 2015, the National Academy of Medicine (NAM) published “Improving Diagnosis in Health Care” revealing diagnostic error will occur at least once in the lifetime of every American, affect 5% of all adults seeking out patient care each year, be associated with 10% of all patient deaths, cause 6 to 17% of all adverse events in hospitals, andi be the leading reason of paid medical malpractice claims. Some authorities would go further to suggest that diagnostic error represented the third leading cause of death in America (behind cardiovascular disease and cancer) with estimates ranging from 250,000 to 400,000 premature deaths occurring annually. Reinforcing this message, the ECRI Institute identified diagnostic error as their top patient safety priority in 2018. Without appropriate diagnosis, patients are at substantial risk of harm. The optimization of two core diagnostic performance metrics (accuracy and efficiency) will redefine the meaning of ‘quality health care’ in the 21st century.
Ratings and Reviews
Great tool for internal medicine residents
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Maya MD, Inc
- 45.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Maya MD, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- MayaEDU Subscription $4.99
- MayaEDU Subscription $49.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.