Soniface is a digital space for creative moments, an instrument, itself a kind of artwork, an abstract tool for new experiences in interacting with sound and music.
- Creative space to explore sound, music and geometric visuals
- Experiment with audio and visual objects and create your own scenes
- Operate controllers and play instruments via multitouch
- Motion interface to control instruments and parameters through gestures, movements and dance
- Cross-platform compatibility of project files
- Simple design for mobile devices, complex (regular) design for tablets and desktops
- Advanced in-app guide, FAQ & help function in English and German
- Gridsynth - A generative, visual synthesizer for drones and melodies incl. sequencer & arpeggiator
- Rhythm sequencer for sample- and synth-based basses and drums
- Spatial & granular soundscape sampler incl. mic input, sample library and file integration
- Key interface for cross-instrument tonality incl. progression sequencer
- Interactive LivePad and keyboard for Gridsynth, Bass & Sampler
Automation & Connectivity
- Advanced controller automation incl. multi-touch editor, body tracking interface
- MIDI input and output
- Master FX and Ableton Link
- Audiobus & Inter-App Audio (experimental support)
- Normal mouse and keyboard support
Soniface is a digital space for the creative moment, an instrument, tool and through its peculiarities a work of art in itself. The app is very different from other music apps and tools. In this way it is new and open to all, whether beginners or experts.
Take some time, see for yourself and explore the instruments and presets, the controllers and visuals. Try, celebrate, fail, everything is possible in the musical process. Experimenting with sound without forcing results provides slowing down, balance and exchange.
Mazetools Soniface is free worldwide and without advertising. You can support our work, our vision and all Soniface users by purchasing Soniface Pro. In return you will receive in addition:
- Unlimited instruments (Mazes)
- Pattern mode to create unlimited scenes with different instruments and settings for songs and performances
- Visual mode with 1-3 live video outputs for performance & VJing
- Unlimited internal audio recording (.wav, up to 7.1 on desktop).
We do our best to avoid bugs, often enough they drive us crazy. But after the update before the next. So feel free to write us bugs and problems, definitely also if you made a song or video.
Soniface needs access to the camera for motion tracking, the microphone for audio recording, the local files to save projects and recordings, and the network for Ableton Link.
Empowering creativity, democratizing musical expression and making it inclusive - how does that work? These are the questions that keep us busy. Soniface is a first step in the process. But we want to go further - with you and the community.
We are Stephan Kloß and Jakob Gruhl, Ectoplastic from Halle/Leipzig, we first met in 1999 as teenagers to make hip hop and electronic music. Since then we are fascinated by music software and sharing our enthusiasm for it with people.
More than 10 years ago we started the Maze project - a software core of instruments and multimedia interfaces. Since then we have been dedicated to audiovisual connections, sound through movement and spatial audio. Through exchanges, sessions, research and development, and public funding, Maze became Mazetools.
Our roadmap follows the goal of improving workflow, experience, energy consumption, and new features of our previous mapping tools Mutant and Soniface. We are always open to ideas and constructive feedback. In 2024, we have two new releases coming up, Mazetools Botany and Modyssey VR. We have developed these over the last three years. To make it all work, we need your support!
We wish you a great time with Soniface,
Your Mazetools Team, Stephan & Jakob
- Improved app performance, structure, sound & visual quality
- New design mode for small displays
- Webcam based motion tracking to sound interface
- New Preset structure for all instruments
- Rhythm Sequencer Pattern Mode
- Parametric EQ for Master, Rhythm & Sampler
- New effects for Sampler & Rhythm
- Key Interface with chord & scale picker
- Keys for live instrument input
- Improved MIDI system, Gridsynth MIDI Out
- Binaural mode (experimental, Sampler only)
- New Guide, improved in-app help in english & german
- Background Audio, Inter-App Audio & Audiobus (experimental)
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect mix of randomness and control.
Open this app at your own risk! High probability that you’ll come too an hour later drooling and confused. I will for sure buy the full version bundled with their new app someday, but realistically-I’m not mentally prepared quite yet. Having access to a single maze is a recipe for having way too much damned fun, so I can’t imagine what playing a passel of them would do...Im leaning toward them effortlessly scorching the entirety of my personal relationships, while rendering me unable to communicate in multi-syllabic words for a period of several months after finally attempting to put it down. In all seriousness: while it’s not the kind of app that you’re likely to pull up on a track in Auria, because it’s going to be the best tool for the particular task you’re looking to accomplish, it IS the kind of app that makes you realize how much fun you can have when experiencing the perfect marriage between an iPad and synthesis. This is why I left my hardware samplers and synths behind 10 years ago and never looked back. Best freebie ever!
Wow! Truly fascinating!
This a hidden gem. Can’t believe it has only 2 reviews. I’d lie if I said I figured this app out, part of me doesn’t want to actually. This app can’t described with words.
Bleikr Sound Studio Approved
Studio will be purchasing the full version after our monthly finance meeting.
Could you make this (or paid version) AUv3?
Developer Response ,
Hi Bleikr, Thanks for your feedback! We're currently working on some connectivity features. Best!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ectoplastic UG (haftungsbeschrankt)
- 497.9 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Stephan Kloß