MBox office is a simple MBox viewer for the Mac (above 10.7).
It lets you restore your archived .mbox archive to any IMAP supported email provider.
You should be able to open mbox files using File -> Open.
It might take a while if it is a large file, please wait until the progress bar stops. It might take a few minutes to read the whole file. If the progress bar stops, that means the whole file has been loaded onto the system. If the progress bar is still going, the whole file has not been loaded.
- Tested with iCloud, Gmail, Google Apps, Microsoft Exchange. It should work on most email accounts.
- Supports multiple email accounts
- Native Email Browsing interface where you can restore specific emails
- Batch email restore. Select All emails and click on "Restore Selected Emails"
- You import individual emails in .eml format to your existing .mbox file. You can use all the above mentioned features with it.
Please check out a small user guide: http://technichor.com/mbox-office/
- Critical bugfixes that will help open most .mbox files taking into consideration the different quirks of different files.
Ratings and Reviews
total waste of money
Doesn’t work with mac mail files. Any .mbox file open shows a blank box with progress bar finished. Doesn’t show any emails at all. Maybe it works with other mbox files but of no use to me since I wanted to view old yahoo & gmail .mbox files with a simple viewer.
Exactly what needed
I was a bit hesitant to purchase this app, but for $2.99 gave it a shot anyway. For me it works just nice and is exactly what I needed. You can open Mbox archives by File -Open and point to your MBox archive. Archive opens up in a simplified e-mail look alike window and I was able to browse through my archived e-mails. It sure saves time and mess which you can sometimes create by importing old archives into Mail app.
Possibility that app remembers size of the window so you don’t have to resize them every time
Drag and drop of e-mail archive into the window to bypass File - Open
If you have a lot of e-mail archives, this one is a time saver. Well worth 2.99
Quick Export, Worked fine!
I started a contract job with another company. I needed to get everything they had previously sent me over to outlook on their system. Exported about 250 emails to eml format. Worked fine!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.