MCG lets you analyse your application profile data natively on macOS.
With call tracing, function summaries, graphs and treemaps, you'll easily be able to detect and correct any parts of your application that are taking longer than they should.
MCG requires callgrind profiling data for your application, which can be generated in many languages such as PHP, Ruby and Python, or can be baked in for compiled languages like C/C++.
• Super fast parsing of most callgrind files, regardless of language.
• Structural analysis graphs including call depth, class methods call count and cost, and function type.
• Supports compressed callgrind and multi–profile files (supported by Xdebug 2.3+)
• Various treemap visualizations for MCG’s Outline and Flat data modes, including heat map gradients (please read app help for why treemaps aren't accurate in profiling tools)
• Outline call tree view for PHP Xdebug shows exact execution path/tree.
• Click navigable to follow calls, treemap nodes and graph points.
• Text search filter.
• Generic cost support, including Seconds, Milliseconds and Microseconds for time costs, and MB/KB/b for memory.
• Supports dark mode, macOS 11 Big Sur, macOS 12 Monterey, macOS 13 Ventura, both Intel and Apple Silicon.
• Did we mention that it's super fast?
* Note that some technical knowledge of stack trace/call trees and code performance tuning is required to make use of MCG’s analysis and displays.
Suport for Xdebug 3’s 10 nanosecond sample event.
Ratings and Reviews
If this tool were as functional as kcachegrind, or if it wasn’t worth THIRTY DOLLARS ($5 seems more reasonable) I would be happy. I tried to get a refund but I cannot. I bought this in the hopes that it would save me 2-3 hours waiting for port to compile kcachegrind but I’m absolutely disappointed. What a waste of money.
Developer Response ,
We're sorry that you weren't happy with MCG. We have a lot of users of MCG and negative feedback is extremely rare. You're right that MCG isn't a copy of kcachegrind, and our feature sets are different. This is pretty clear from the details shown on our Mac App Store description. If our product information was deceptive and lead you to believe that MCG could do something that it doesn't, then please let us know so we can change it immediately. And absolutely we want you to get a refund if we somehow lead you to believe it had features that it doesn't. If you have any specific features that you'd like, then please contact us and let us know!
Crashes on launch
Expensive, and crashes immediately on launch.
Developer Response ,
We're sorry that you had a problem running MCG. Version 3.2.2 did have an issue where it would crash if you tried to open a random binary file that wasn't profile data. Please contact support if you have any problems with our products and we would have been more than happy to help you. We knew of this issue at the time of your post, and we've since fixed it in 3.2.3.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Aggmedia Pty Ltd
- 2.7 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires macOS 11.5 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2023 Aggmedia Pty Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.