Organize your recipes, create meal plans and grocery lists, keep track of your pantry inventory. All in one app!
• Import recipes from recipe websites, or add you own recipes
• Scan recipes from cookbooks and magazines
• Organize recipes by categories
• Search recipes by name or ingredient
• Scale your recipe by specifying the number of servings you need
• Convert between metric and imperial measurements
• Link related recipes together
• Manage your recipes through the web interface (Log in at www.mealboard.com from your computer)
• Create meal plans, organized by day and meal type
• Reuse meal plans by creating templates
• Set up recipe prep notifications to remind you of tasks ahead of time
• Mark meals as leftovers
• Export meal plans to the Calendar app
• Check off ingredients and directions while cooking
• Screen lock disabled while viewing recipes
• Generate your grocery list from the meal plan you created
• Smart shopping list aggregation that combines similar ingredients and organize them by aisle
• Scale grocery quantities
• Input grocery prices and see the total price you're spending
• Add product photos
• Support for multiple grocery stores
• Check off grocery items as you shop
• Move bought items to your pantry
• Keep track of what you have in your pantry
• Specify expiration dates and inventory locations
• Use the barcode scanner to input items
• Move out-of-stock items from the pantry to the shopping list
• Find recipes with ingredients that will expire soon!
• Share your recipes, meal plan and shopping list via email or text messaging
• Import recipes and meal plans sent by other MealBoard users
• Print your recipes, meal plan and shopping list
• Sync your data across multiple devices (You will need to create an account. Doing so will also back up your data.)
MealBoard is fully customizable. You can manage your recipes, ingredients, food categories, meal types, stores, store aisles, grocery items and many more!
To understand how the app works, detailed screenshot tutorials can be found at
• This app is preloaded with a few recipes that are for illustration purposes only. Users are expected to input/import the recipes that they use.
• Cloud syncing requires that you upgrade to the full version. The full version is an in-app purchase (it is a one-time purchase, not a subscription).
• This free app is restricted to 20 recipes only. Upgrade to the full version to have an unlimited number of recipes.
• Added text formatting capability (bold, italic) for the recipes.
• Fixed bug in iPad where the recipe name and photo do not get updated when switching between tabs.
Ratings and Reviews
I love love love this app. I'm not an app person at all. I use only two apps on a daily basis and this is one of them. It made my life so much easier and so much more organized. All modules are great but the best is that I can park my car on the way home in front of a grocery store and have a shopping list within 5 minutes for everything that I need for the whole week of meals. I also use it for non-recipe items like milk, bread, butter, etc. I don't buy more than needed thus I don't waste food, i.e. money, but have everything for the recipes. You will be able to get more recipes than you will ever need with two click per new recipe. What a time saver! My favorite site is Weber, because we like grilled food and his recipes are exceptional, but you will also be able to import recipes from website not listed as supported.
Someone complained about lost recipes. It has never happened to me, but even if, you should know that our recipes are backed up on weekly basis. All you have to do is to contact Ray, the app developer, and he will help you with that. He has been very responsive with any questions I've had in the past and his support is great. I have been using this app for at least 2 years now and thought I should post a review to say how much I appreciate it. It would be very hard now to live without it!
Love this app!!!
I’ve been using MealBoard daily for several years. This is my favorite app on my phone. While it comes with recipes, I entered all my own recipes and it was worth the time spent. I add recipes I want to make for the week, sync with my grocery list, and use the grocery list while shopping, checking off items I put in my cart. Sometimes, I stop at a grocery store without a shopping list prepared and add meals while there onto the meal calendar and sync with my grocery list and I’m all organized. No more forgetting what is in a recipe or forgetting to buy certain items. I can also email the shopping list to another family member to shop for me. If I want to text a shopping list, I just copy it from the email into a text. Each day, I can look at the calendar and see what I had planned to make, and then view the recipe for ingredients and directions. No need to pull out the cook book. This is also handy when I’m cooking on vacation or at someone else’s home. I can also easily edit the recipe to add important tips I discover as I’m preparing it. If I want to share recipes with friends, I can email them right from the app. If I want to print a recipe so my child can make it without looking at my phone, I can do that right from the app as well. I absolutely love this app!
Best recipe and shopping app ever
I have loved using this app ever since my cousin told me about it a few years ago. Our family of four each have it on our phones, linked, so no matter who is shopping, alone or multiple people at once, we can sync as we shop and get everything on our list correctly. The recipe import function was great and has gotten better with some recent updates such as the option to import ingredients as a text list. The “description “ field is a little hit or miss in terms of what is brought over from web pages. The one thing I always add manually to the description is a note of how many servings are in the original recipe, so that I can refer to that if there’s some part of the directions that makes reference to a specific quantity, especially when ingredients are meant to be divided (such as “add 1/3 cup of the flour”). I also routinely edit directions to add alternative instructions for Instant Pot and for Thermomix, two favorite appliances in our kitchen which take a little experience to know how to convert instructions. MealBoard makes it so easy for the whole family to shop and cook as a team! My only wish is that it be developed for other platforms so all my friends and cousins can use it.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ray Bernardo
- 14.4 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2014 Ray Bernardo
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version Upgrade $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.