MedAbbreviations provides instant access to over *fourteen thousand* abbreviations. If you are a medical professional, or if you ever read what a healthcare professional writes, you need to be able to understand those cryptic shorthand scrawls. MedAbbreviations is your solution.
Over 14,000 medical abbreviations: scrollable, searchable, and bookmarkable. Why pay more or get less?
A tool like this is only as good as its consistency. MedAbbreviations is the right tool for the job; competing applications, with significantly smaller databases, have 1/10th the chance of providing you with the explanation you seek every time.
Search by abbreviation via the instant search bar, or scroll with the alphabetical index on the right side. Find what you need, the way you want to find it.
You can add abbreviations to your Favorites list by just double-tapping an entry; a star then appears by its name. Your Favorites list is yours to control, ordered how you want.
Tapping an abbreviation shows a details screen, with the term and its meaning in large print. MedAbbreviations automatically determines whether a Wikipedia article is available for the meaning. Just tap "View in Wikipedia" or "Search in Google" to do so directly from MedAbbreviations.
• 14,079 abbreviations, including medical terms, common shorthand, and professional associations and organizations
• Definitions shown directly in the main list
• View explanations in Wikipedia, with automatic article verification and iPhone-friendly formatting
• Fast search, always available and live updating
• Fast scanning via the alphabetical index
• Favorites list
The abbreviations and definitions will be expanded via free updates. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any requests, reports, or comments, including any other abbreviations you would like to see included!
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Updated for iOS 11+
Ratings and Reviews
Almost most of the abbreviations included 👍
i wish to see update activity including even more abbreviations 😉
I thought this would be useful when transcribing, but so far abbreviations I needed are not found in this app and I have to go to Google instead. I was hoping that would eliminate that for me, but this is not the case. I tried one more time and found the abbreviation I needed, but it was incorrect. So instead I'm just going to use Google instead of using your app as a portal.
New IOS 11
When is your Ap going to be updated to play with the newest version of the Iphone?
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Evan Schoenberg, M.D.
- 6.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2009-2017 Regular Rate and Rhythm Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.