MediaInfo is a convenient unified display of the most relevant technical and tag data for video and audio files.
The MediaInfo data display includes:
- Container: format, profile, commercial name of the format, duration, overall bit rate, writing application and library, title, author, director, album, track number, date...
- Video: format, codec id, aspect, frame rate, bit rate, color space, chroma subsampling, bit depth, scan type, scan order...
- Audio: format, codec id, sample rate, channels, bit depth, bit rate, language...
- Subtitles: format, codec id, language of subtitle...
- Chapters: count of chapters, list of chapters...
The MediaInfo analyticals includes:
- Container: MPEG-4, QuickTime, Matroska, AVI, MPEG-PS (including unprotected DVD), MPEG-TS (including unprotected Blu-ray), MXF, GXF, LXF, WMV, FLV, Real...
- Tags: Id3v1, Id3v2, Vorbis comments, APE tags...
- Video: MPEG-1/2 Video, H.263, MPEG-4 Visual (including DivX, XviD), H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC...
- Audio: MPEG Audio (including MP3), AC-3, E-AC-3, AC-4, DTS, AAC, xHE-AAC, MPEG-H 3D Audio, Dolby E, AES3, FLAC, PCM...
- Subtitles: CEA-608, CEA-708, DTVCC, SCTE-20, SCTE-128, ATSC/53, CDP, DVB Subtitle, Teletext, SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
MediaInfo features include:
- Read many video and audio file formats
- View information in different formats (text, tree)
- Export information as text, XML, JSON, EBUCore...
- Graphical user interface, command line interface, or library (.dylib) versions available (command line interface and library versions are available separately, free of charge, on the editor website)
- Integrate with the shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
Some frequently asked questions can be found at http://mediaarea.net/MediaInfo/Support/FAQ
- Update to MediaInfo library 20.09 with bug fixes, see https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfo/ChangeLog for more details.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Finally! I’ve looked for Mediainfo on iOS (now iPadOS) for years. Part of my job is to look at media file encoding to determine its compatibility, and that the file is actually properly encoded in the first place.
I work from home with 2 (soon to be 3) kiddos. My iPad (now iPadPro) has had a big role to play in my daily workflow, even just my ability to WORK while on the go.
Having Mediainfo right on my iPadPro now is a HUGE deal for me. THANK YOU (and take my money!)!!!
Would be 5 stars if you could add “Open In...” feature.
This app would be AMAZING and worth the price of the subscription fees I’m currently paying – if any ONLY IF – the application would show up as an option when selecting a file in any other app to, “Open in...’, where “MediaInfo” could ideally be an option.
I’ve tried extensively to search for this ability by managing my Actions Menu that pops up for opening files in other applications, and MediaInfo is the ONE APP out of several on my iOS devices that seems to be *incapable* of appearing in the menu when trying to share/open ANY sort of file from ANY other application.
Would the Developer(s) of this application PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE work on resolving what should be the easiest feature to include??? Literally every other iOS application has this feature, and the fact that this one doesn’t is beyond frustrating. What’s the point of having this application – AND PAYING FOR THE “EXTRA FEATURES” – if it cannot do the one task it needs to?
What’s the point of this app without such a significant feature? I’m asking you honestly. I’ll wait...
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 30.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Basque, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © MediaArea.net
- In-App Purchases
- More features (yearly) $2.99
- More features (lifetime) $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.