The new Medical and Veterinary Entomology app brings you a stimulating, informative mixture of Articles, Highlights, Editorials, and more. Enjoy an entirely new browsing and reading experience, and keep up to date with the most important developments in your field, wherever you are, whenever you want.
• Readable, print-like experience enhanced with dynamic figures, tables, and references
• Rapid access to breaking research – Early View articles updated as they publish
• Save your favorite articles for quick and easy access, including offline
• Adjustable text and table sizing
• Ability to browse content before downloading an issue, and to download issues to read offline
• Dynamic References show references in context
• Full screen figure and table viewer
• Convenient alerts when new issues are available
• Share article abstract, figures or tables via email
Medical and Veterinary Entomology is the leading periodical in its field. The Journal covers the biology and control of insects, ticks, mites and other arthropods of medical and veterinary importance. The main strengths of the Journal lie in the fields of:
• epidemiology and transmission of vector-borne pathogens
• changes in vector distribution that have impact on the pathogen transmission
• arthropod behaviour and ecology
• novel, field evaluated, approaches to biological and chemical control methods
• host arthropod interactions
The Royal Entomological Society exists to promote the dissemination of knowledge in all fields of insect science. It is the principal society in the United Kingdom for professional entomologists, and has overseas members, as well as a strong amateur membership.
CURRENT SUBSCRIBERS to Medical and Veterinary Entomology can “pair” their device with their personal or institutional subscription to enjoy full access in this iPad edition.
SUBSCRIBE IN THE APP: Annual Subscriptions (4 issues) for the iPad-only edition are available for $399.99 (US) per year. Payment is charged to your iTunes account after confirmation of purchase. Medical and Veterinary Entomology subscriptions automatically renew within 24 hours of the end of your subscription period for $399.99 (US) unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. To turn off auto-renew, go to your iTunes account settings after purchase. Note that subscriptions cannot be cancelled during the term of the subscription, but you can still turn off auto-renew to prevent automatic renewal of your subscription. Note that any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchases a subscription.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Full support for the iPhone 6 and iOS 8.
- Sync your favourite articles, un/read articles and push notification preferences across all your iOS devices via your iCloud account.
- Subscribe to Future Article Alerts from the list of keywords in information tab in any article and get a push notification the next time an article is published with that same keyword. You can opt out any time from the new Message Centre on the settings tab.
- The Enhanced Search will now search all content downloaded and cached on your device.
- The new SSO login allows users who login to their society website to access journal content to login to the app using the same login and password that they use on their society’s website.
- Institutional and workplace network users can now register for access entirely within the app without the need complete the set up on their desktop.
- Support for Sponsored Subscriptions.
- Open Access Articles icon displayed for all OA content.
- We have developed a new Get Access feature for institutional users who login via their institution’s network. We have tested this but are aware that there may be issues—if you experience any problems please contact us on JASMobileAlerts@wiley.com
- Numerous bug fixes and enhancements.
- 19.9 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Medical and Veterinary Entomology (mobile only) $399.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.