This medical reference app provides health care practitioners with PubMed published review articles on thousands of diseases, procedures, drugs, tests, and other medical topics. Articles are detailed and cover all aspects of patient care.
PubMed Reference also offers 10 or more free multiple-choice questions for over 400 different medical specialties. Additional questions for each specialty are also available as an independent In App Purchase which does not require a subscription to our Keyword article service. Access to the specialty quizzes never expire and you can complete the questions as many times as you wish.
StatPearls articles are written, edited, and updated by over 6,000 academic professionals worldwide. The StatPearls PubMed app offers:
1. Thousands of topics written and updated regularly.
2. Photos, illustrations and videos covering thousands of disorders and diseases (images and videos require connectivity).
3. How to articles on numerous procedures and examinations.
4. Casting and splinting techniques.
5. Discussion of numerous specialty physical examinations.
6. Drug Reference Information.
StatPearls PubMed Reference comes with unlimited offline access to our PubMed review articles for 30 days. After this you may purchase an auto-renewing subscription through an In-App Purchase for $9.99 per year (if you do not maintain a subscription you can only access 1 article per week). On a typical day, you can expect to find approximately 5 - 10 new articles added.
Payment for the subscription will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. The Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged $9.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
A few under the hood tweaks to make things run more smoothly.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
What great medical content.
I read the few negative comments regarding finding questions but when I went into the app I was able to find the questions I was looking for quite easily. Thank you so much for taking the time to put together such a great medical tool.
Good content poor app
Statpearls is an amazing resource. However, not sure why there is no search function within the app. Also no outlines available. Similar apps like uptodate has a much better user interface. The app design is really poor and difficult to navigate.
Purchased the TCRN questions. I can’t recommend this app. By the end I was aggravated and quickly deleted it. Here are my issues:
Some of the 700 questions were management of a medical (not trauma) condition, other were clearly directed towards MDs (surgical technique for hip fx, what type of sutures to use, etc).
Other questions were difficult to understand as they seem to have been translated from another language.
Some just flat out had had an incorrect answer and the right answer in the rationale section.
On the burn questions you had a 50/50 shot of guessing whether the fluid formula would use the 2 or 4 ml calculation.
In-App PurchasesSee All
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- MedicalPearls Publishing, LLC
- 28.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2020 StatPearls Publishing, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- CAPA / CPAN Certification $3.99
- MedicalPearls PubMed Reference $9.99
- Trauma Nurse Questions $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.