The Chinese-English Dictionary of Medicine and Life Science, compiled by The CJK Dictionary Institute (CJKI) in Japan, is the only application on any mobile platform that provides comprehensive coverage of medical and life science terminology.
Do you know how to say "fabricated wound" in Simplified Chinese? With this application, you can immediately find the equivalent of 「伪伤」.
At home, at work and on the go, translators, students, and professionals of information technology will often encounter technical terms related to medical and life sciences including pharmaceutics, psychiatry, dentistry and the like for which they need to quickly look up their Japanese or English translations.
The Chinese-English Dictionary of Medicine and Life Science, compiled by The CJK Dictionary Institute (CJKI) in Japan, is the only application on any mobile platform that provides comprehensive coverage of medical and life science terminology. This application, which provides a user interface in both Simplified Chinese and English, includes both English-Chinese and Chinese-English dictionaries that provide access to a total of approximately 519,000 technical terms.
While several Chinese-English general vocabulary dictionaries are available for the iPhone, there are few specialized dictionaries that meet the specific needs of professionals, translators, and medical students, while those that are available are prohibitively expensive and of limited coverage. With this application, you get a database of technical terms with extensive coverage at your fingertips for a reasonable price.
Please note: This app contains translation equivalents for each term, not definitions of each term's meaning.
* Both dictionaries combined contain over 519,000 entries
* Designed for both English and Chinese users
* Covers various subdomains including pharmaceutics, psychiatry, dentistry, medical equipment, biology, biotechnology, and much more
* All this data is instantly accessible right on your device - no Internet connection required
* What was that word you just looked up? Check the history!
* Easy bookmarking puts important terms just a tap away
* Clean, easy to use interfaces in both English and Chinese
The CJK Dictionary Institute is directed by Jack Halpern, editor of the New Japanese-English Character Dictionary and The Kodansha Kanji Learner's Dictionary, now standard reference works.
Be sure to check out our other dictionary apps in the CJKI Technical Dictionaries Series, including bilingual, bidirectional Japanese-English and Japanese-Chinese Technical Term dictionaries, by searching for “CJKI” in the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Searching for abbreviations such as 'MRI' will show no result. You will have to enter the full term instead: Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Given how much abbrev are used in hospitals , abbrev is a must. Please add this feature.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- The CJK Dictionary Institute, Inc.
- 97.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 The CJKI Dictionary Institute, Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.