Meditation Oasis: Simply Being 4+
Relaxation, Sleep, Anxiety
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Learn to meditate or deepen your meditation practice with Mary Maddux, a leading meditation teacher who has brought meditation to thousands of people worldwide. Her guided meditations have been used in many settings - businesses, hospitals, clinics, military, rehabilitation, schools, spas - and are regularly recommended by doctors and therapists to their patients.
The beautiful music on the app has been composed by Richard Maddux, musician and and co-creator of the Meditation Oasis® apps. Richard’s music is known for its ability to bring deep relaxation and support the meditative state. You can use it as a background to the meditations or you can enjoy the music on its own. You also have the option of using high quality nature sounds
In response to user requests, we have combined the best of all our apps and programs into one comprehensive meditation app. Our original Simply Being app is here, along with over 80 additional guided meditations and three programs.
Enjoy the deep relaxation, stress relief and benefits of meditation without prior experience. You can listen to the guided meditations alone or with music or nature sounds. You can also listen to the music or nature sounds alone.
● 4 Days: Meditation Program for Beginners
● 7 Days: Advanced Meditations
● 4 Days: Anxiety & Worry Relief
Meditation Sessions for:
● Emotional Healing
● Pain Relief
● Health & Healing
● Walking Meditations
● Stress Relief
● Heart Opening
● Work & Study
App Features include:
• Choose to listen with music or nature sounds in the background, or to the voice alone
• Music/nature sounds have separate adjustable volume controls
• On first play tracks are downloaded for listening offline
• Create a favorites list
• Receive daily meditation reminders
• Find meditations by category
• Original meditation music, over 30 selections
This app includes an auto renewing subscription which enables access to all guided meditations and programs:
- Subscription options are monthly or yearly
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
minor bug fixes, corrected app name under icon.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple, yet well-designed
When my previous favorite meditation app was no longer supported, I began a search for a replacement. I tried several that seemed promising, but required an ongoing auto-paid subscription, or had lots of unnecessary frilly add-ons. Simply Being is exactly what I wanted, at a very affordable price. It’s self-contained (no in-app purchased needed to make it work, and no intrusive ads). The interface is simple and direct. I love that it has two sliders to adjust the volume for the voice and background sounds separately. When I only want sounds, I can slide the voice down to silence— or vice versa. From the same page you can choose the length of your meditation, the type of music or nature sounds, and how long you wish the sounds to continue after the guided meditation is complete. Tapping the info button takes you to a page with tips, support and other information. I recommend this to anyone looking for a meditation timer or guided meditation.
Not what I expected, in a good way
At first I thought the lady's voice was kinda annoying but I was having trouble sleeping and my friend suggested this app. So I tried it. And once I got the volume and music and stuff the way I liked it, I feel asleep in a matter of 30-40 min. It might not take you that long or it might take you longer, but I usually take about 2 hours at least to fall asleep so this is really good for me. I actually get more sleep, I have better dreams (crazy, right?) AND it's actually easier to up in the morning, because I feel really rested. And even when I get a lot of sleep, I usually don't feel rested. So I don't know what it is, but the voice and the music is so calming. (I suggest either the "acceptance" music, or the "gentle night" music. Sorry this is long but this app is really good! The payment is defiantly worth it!!
Lifesaver! Simply the best.
I've tried about 15 meditation apps included ones for guided and specific issues like anxiety, sleep and anger. This app is perfect because: (1) do a little or a lot: choose five, ten or up to 30 minutes, (2) timing of her speaking is perfect: the guide seems to speak at just the right intervals to not disrupt when you get a good groove going but enough to keep you centered in the meditation, (3) it works for all issues you may be having because it's generic enough but says a lot like about letting go of thoughts and feeling your breath, etc. and (4) it's the little things: like being able to control the speakers voice volume, chose background music or ambient sound and control that volume separately, and how long you want music to trail off at the so you can just drop or or fade away to nice music. Perfect.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Meditation Oasis
- 71.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.3 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Meditation Oasis
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $7.99
- Yearly Subscription $49.99