Mela is an intuitive virtual analog synthesizer with a streamlined interface. It works as an Audio Unit extension (AUv3) inside host applications such as AUM, Auria Pro, Cubasis, GarageBand and NanoStudio.
• 3 tone oscillators with adjustable shapes
• Noise oscillator
• 2 virtual analog style filters with flexible routing options
• 3 envelopes with adjustable level, time and curve parameters
• 2 flexible LFOs
• Fully featured modulation matrix
• Build-in effects: distortion, phaser, chorus, delay
• Voice modes: monophonic, polyphonic, legato, glide
• Preset management inside the app
• Numeric pad for entering exact parameter values
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great Sounding Synth
When synths get overly complicated they’re no fun. This one has a good balance between features and accessibility. Plus it sounds really good. I like it!
Ok but More of the same
Nothing really new here. There are endless synths of various engines on iOS already. So usually what I look for is the presets. You’ll know a great synth by how much effort went into their presets and how many you get. When I see an app that only has a small handful of so so presets, to me it means that not even the developer felt inspired enough to create on this app and has the attitude of “ Here... maybe YOU can pull something good out of this..”. Hint to all developers out there, I’d say about 85% of your customers (or higher) are not sound designers and are instead musicians looking for inspiring presets to minimally tweak if at all necessary.
Developer Response ,
It’s a fair comment and I agree with you mostly. Expect more interesting presets in the future. Thanks for your feedback!
I couldn’t get these sounds out of NS1.
This is a big improvement.
Very warm actually.
Will use this quite a bit for ambient pads.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.