A WORD PROCESSOR DONE RIGHT
Serious writers write with Mellel. It’s built to handle all long-form written works, whether a thesis, a manuscript or a novel. It gives you the control you need over every aspect of the writing process: outline, footnotes, bibliography, styles, and much more. From the initial idea to the final manuscript, Mellel enables you to use a single, reliable tool throughout the process: All you need to do is write it.
— Reliable: Mellel is built for heavy duty work. It doesn't crash
— Consistent: Use Styles and Style Sets from one document to another.
— Powerful: The most advanced and flexible feature set this side of the Mac
— Fast: Forget about 'refreshing' — Mellel does everything live and on the spot
— Multilingual: Mellel is a superb multilingual tool, excelling in RTL languages
Everything Updates Immediately
• Auto-titles let you organize your document easily
• Dynamic cross-references that update automatically
• Unprecedentedly powerful indexing tool
• Citations and Live Bibliography update as you write
• Generate Tables of Contents with ease and control
Manage and Organize
• Outline pane gives you bird’s eye view of entire structure
• Organise and easily move any title or element
• Easily Mark, remark, and tag any part of the document
• Keep track of changes with tracked changes and comments
Create Consistent Documents
• Consistent and clear styles
• Reuse your styles with any document
• Powerful tables and table styles
• Flow text around images and text boxes
• Powerful Section and Page styles
Superb Multilingual support
• Superb support for RTL languages such as Arabic, Hebrew, and Syriac
• Matches font and size with different languages within the same style
• Excellent support of Greek, Cyrillic scripts, CJK, and more
• Most advanced find and replace tool
• Smart Regular Expressions-like language
• Easily search by objects and styles
• Run hundreds of Find Actions at once
Advanced Layout Options
• Smart paragraph spacing, hyphenation, and keep options
• Create titles with multiple parts and styles
• Smart page styles for chapters
• Flexible and advanced character styles style variations
Compatibility and Collaboration
• Imports DOCX, DOC, RTF, OPML, and TXT documents
• Exports DOC, RTF, OPML, and TXT documents
• Exports PDFs with live links, linked indexes, cross references, and Tables of Contents
• Supports all image formats (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, and more)
• Use DropBox, iCloud, and other services to sync between Mac and iPad versions.
• A Whole new tables feature, completely re-written
• Table Headers and Footers, including repeating headers and leading and trailing columns
• Table Styles you can use and reuse across documents
• Formulas: simple yet powerful and flexible support for basic formulas (Sum, Average, Std Dev, etc
• Colour Alternation for rows
• Stretch and squeeze tables, with automatic resizing of rows and columns
• Inner and Outer padding for cells
• Corner Radius: set the corner radius for any cell
• Position tables and smart resize of columns
• Easy access for table editing via a popover or the Table palette
• Mellel now makes coffee, also drinks it (at user request)
• A lot of bug fixes, and small improvements
• fixes an issue that prevented Mellel from communicating sometimes with reference managers
• Fixed some compatibility issues with older TrueType fonts.
• Fixed an issue that caused formulas in table templates to not work initially after insertion of a table based on them.
• Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to behave erratically with tables containing formulas and the insert table sheet under mac os versions prior to 12.0
• Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to crash when typing/deleting text in table cells following a global change that effected the cell (for example, setting track changes mode, replace all, bibliography scan and live bibliography adjustments)
• Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to crash when resizing and doing other manipulations to inline images inside table cells
• Fixed an issue that caused removal of many rows when clicking the up/down row count stepper with tables containing more then 1000 rows.
• Fixed a bug that caused Mellel to hang sometimes when typing a misspelled word in a footnote
• Fixed issues with insert table sheet and "Welcome to Mellel" window in the Hebrew interface
• Fixed an issue that caused a horizontal scroller to appear in the language list in the preferences window
• Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to crash sometimes when manipulating citations in tables with live bibliography turned on.
• Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to crash sometimes when aborting citation verification in the edit citation panel
• Fixed an issue that caused citations inserted by double-clicking in the citation list in the bibliography palette to be unverified.
• Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to hang sometimes when accepting/rejecting all tracked changes in a document .
• Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to become unresponsive after accepting/rejecting certain tracked changes.
• Fixed a bug that caused certain changes made to an auto-title via the popover to be ignored when track changes is on.
• Several bug fixes and improvements to the reference edit dialog (cross reference): Preview of the target is now shown when initially opening the dialog for an existing reference, target is maintained (if possible) when switching between target types
• Fixed an issue that caused the mouse pointer to remain in the shape of a tab even after existing the ruler. Also, mouse pointer is not adjusted for the ruler view when the ruler is on a background window
• Fixed a bug that caused crashes under macOS 10.15 Catalina with some documents
• Resolved a couple of memory leaks
• Improved crash reporting
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using Mellel since early version 2 when I purchased a Davka edition (which included various texts; e.g Tanakh, Siddurim, &c). I typically just need it for basic word processor functionality for Hebrew and Hebrew/English texts (e.g event notices, short papers, &c). Mellel has MUCH more functionality than what I typically need or use but I have never found it to be overweight for my needs and have enjoyed occasionally getting a little extra fancy with the various formatting options available.
Obviously, this application is geared more toward research or technical papers, &c, but is easy and intuitive to use for just about any word processing purpose.
I have rarely needed to contact their technical support but found them consistently friendly, helpful, and always going beyond expectation when I have.
- Ori Redler
- 89.9 MB
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2002-2019 Mellel AAR LTD
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.