Mellel, the most powerful word-processor for the Mac, comes to the iPad. Built for long and complex documents, Mellel allows you to create documents with style, sophistication, and consistency. What’s even better, Mellel for iPad will gradually incorporate advanced features added to its Mac counterpart.
Enjoy full compatibility: All the attributes set on Mellel for Mac are compatible and will be maintained on Mellel for iPad - and vice versa. At home with a Mac or on the top of the Mont Blanc with your iPad, you can now work on your documents, keeping your cross-references, citations, images, captions, custom auto-titles, notes and so on intact.
Power at your fingertips: Mellel supports several powerful features, allowing you to access some high-end word-processing features while enjoying the iPad ease-of-use:
• Outline: Easily navigate your entire document via the Outline
• Auto-titles: Easily add headings to structure your document
• Find and Replace: Find any word, anywhere in your documents
• Track-Changes: Track changes you and others make in a document
• Comments: Add comments to your document
• Notes: Easily add footnotes, endnotes, author notes, and more
• Tables: Insert and edit tables in your document
• Word count: Count words, paragraphs, lines, notes, and more
• Special characters: Use the Insert strip to easily insert special characters and symbols
• Zoom: Examine details or zoom out to 4-up view, to view your entire document flow.
• Document viewer: Add, duplicate, delete, name and rename your docuemnts
Styling is easy: Mellel's powerful styles will allow you to style your documents on-the-fly or using styles, allowing you to maintain consistency and apply a myriad of changes all at once:
• Character: Apply character styles or set the font, font face, size and other attributes yourself
• Paragraph: Apply paragraph styles or set the alignment, line spacing and direction yourself
• Images: Add images to your document, and move them around
• Text boxess: edit and manipulate text boxes
• Lists: Start, stop, increase and decrease lists, and apply list styles
• Section: Apply section styles to set two, three or four columns in any section of the document
• Page: Apply page style, to change the margins, headers and footers and other attributes
• Marking: Mark text easily and quickly.
iCloud: Turn on iCloud to make your documents automatically available on your Mac:
• Save your documents to iCloud Drive, Dropbox, and compatible storage services. from your iPad or your Mac...
• ... And easily open them in place or your iPad
• Export files as DOCX, RTF or PDF from Mellel for iPad
• Import files in RTF or DOCX format
• Send your documents via eMail anywhere
• Added a "document name" screen when creating a new document.
• Added a "cancel" button in document rename screen.
• Major overhaul of drag & drop. Local (within document) drags are considered "move", more accurate drop location detection, whole-word drags are treated "smartly" by adding spaces before and after if needed and enabled dragging from documents containing floating images.
• Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to get stuck on a blank screen when restoring state to an open document after a restart or some other even that would cause the app to terminate.
• Better handling of failure when opening documents (showing an error message, closing the document if not opened).
• Better handling of failure to close documents, including closing documents that were not opened successfully.
• Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to fail to update a document preview immediately after closing it.
• Improved handling of documents dragged on Mellel windows, opening the document in the dragged upon window if possible and not always opening a new window.
• Fixed an issue that caused table resize handles not to be drawn and erased properly when switching in and out of tables.
• Fixed an issue that caused renaming dismiss transition to zoom icon out to the wrong item in the document browser.
• Scrolling (behind the scenes) to revel the document before doing the close transition to better orient the user when closing the document.
• Showing insertion point immediately after opening a document to allow typing right away.
• Much improved better performance and memory consumption with iCloud on.
• Better appearance of document during opening when document takes a long time to open.
• (Docx import) Fixed issues that caused Mellel to fail to import some unusually formatted docx documents exported by applications like iA writer and perhaps others.
• (Docx import) Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to fail to import docx documents containing tables with sparse grids.
• (Docx import) Properly reading reverse tab in some docx documents.
• (Docx import) Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to fail to open docx documents produced by "Marked 2".
• Fixed a few memory leaks.
Ratings and Reviews
Mellel doesn’t even have autocorrect! How useless is that? I’ve tried it several times and fail to see any advantages over other note-taking apps such as Apple Notes, for example. Or Microsoft Word or Apple Pages (these are excellent). Many others are way more capable than this overly-simplified one.
Terrific complement to Mellel for Mac
I use the Mac version for documents with many 'chapters' and sub-heading with a table of contents. I love it. And Mellel for IPad means that I can take my Documents with me and work on them away from home. There are two things I would like to see for this app. 1. To be able to organize several documents into one notebook or file. 2. To be able to use the system emojis in a document as well as change font colors within a document.
This is the companion iOS app to Mellel word processor, which is a unique and fine piece of software.
Mellel on iOS is very good for writing and editing, especially long form writing. It is also so buggy that currently it’s use is limited. Prime example is iCloud Drive—you never know if the app is going to read the drive’s contents, and it usually does not, and fixing that is pretty much rolling the dice via reboots.
Since this currently does one thing that I don’t need right now, I’ve stopped using it. Whenever the iCloud integration works, I’ll start using it again.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ori Redler
- 13.6 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Mellel AAR LTD
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.