Mellel, the most powerful word-processor for the Mac, comes to the iPad. Built for long and complex documents, Mellel allows you to create documents with style, sophistication, and consistency. What’s even better, Mellel for iPad will gradually incorporate advanced features added to its Mac counterpart.
Enjoy full compatibility: All the attributes set on Mellel for Mac are compatible and will be maintained on Mellel for iPad - and vice versa. At home with a Mac or on the top of the Mont Blanc with your iPad, you can now work on your documents, keeping your cross-references, citations, images, captions, custom auto-titles, notes and so on intact.
Power at your fingertips: Mellel supports several powerful features, allowing you to access some high-end word-processing features while enjoying the iPad ease-of-use:
• Outline: Easily navigate your entire document via the Outline
• Auto-titles: Easily add headings to structure your document
• Find and Replace: Find any word, anywhere in your documents
• Track-Changes: Track changes you and others make in a document
• Comments: Add comments to your document
• Notes: Easily add footnotes, endnotes, author notes, and more
• Tables: Insert and edit tables in your document
• Word count: Count words, paragraphs, lines, notes, and more
• Special characters: Use the Insert strip to easily insert special characters and symbols
• Zoom: Examine details or zoom out to 4-up view, to view your entire document flow.
• Document viewer: Add, duplicate, delete, name and rename your docuemnts
Styling is easy: Mellel's powerful styles will allow you to style your documents on-the-fly or using styles, allowing you to maintain consistency and apply a myriad of changes all at once:
• Character: Apply character styles or set the font, font face, size and other attributes yourself
• Paragraph: Apply paragraph styles or set the alignment, line spacing and direction yourself
• Images: Add images to your document, and move them around
• Text boxess: edit and manipulate text boxes
• Lists: Start, stop, increase and decrease lists, and apply list styles
• Section: Apply section styles to set two, three or four columns in any section of the document
• Page: Apply page style, to change the margins, headers and footers and other attributes
• Marking: Mark text easily and quickly.
iCloud: Turn on iCloud to make your documents automatically available on your Mac:
• Save your documents to iCloud Drive, Dropbox, and compatible storage services. from your iPad or your Mac...
• ... And easily open them in place or your iPad
• Export files as DOCX, RTF or PDF from Mellel for iPad
• Import files in RTF or DOCX format
• Send your documents via eMail anywhere
• Fixed an issue that caused autotitle format elements to be doubled when positioned right at the end of the format.
• DOCX Export: Fixed a problem that caused list numbering not to be reset to 1 automatically.
• Fixed an issue that caused annotation (comments) markup in text to be drawn in the wrong location for annotations placed on a non-first page in a footnote/endnote.
• PDF Export: Fixed an issue that caused hyperlinks to appear blank when exporting to PDF.
• Fixed an issue that sometimes caused Mellel to crash when opening a new document.
• Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to crash when making a selection using an apple pencil.
• Fixes an issue that caused Mellel to hang when dealing with very tall inline images inside footnotes/endnotes.
Ratings and Reviews
Mellel doesn’t even have autocorrect! How useless is that? I’ve tried it several times and fail to see any advantages over other note-taking apps such as Apple Notes, for example. Or Microsoft Word or Apple Pages (these are excellent). Many others are way more capable than this overly-simplified one.
Terrific complement to Mellel for Mac
I use the Mac version for documents with many 'chapters' and sub-heading with a table of contents. I love it. And Mellel for IPad means that I can take my Documents with me and work on them away from home. There are two things I would like to see for this app. 1. To be able to organize several documents into one notebook or file. 2. To be able to use the system emojis in a document as well as change font colors within a document.
This is the companion iOS app to Mellel word processor, which is a unique and fine piece of software.
Mellel on iOS is very good for writing and editing, especially long form writing. It is also so buggy that currently it’s use is limited. Prime example is iCloud Drive—you never know if the app is going to read the drive’s contents, and it usually does not, and fixing that is pretty much rolling the dice via reboots.
Since this currently does one thing that I don’t need right now, I’ve stopped using it. Whenever the iCloud integration works, I’ll start using it again.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ori Redler
- 13.6 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Mellel AAR LTD
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.