### Featured in TED Blog: “25+ apps to make your everyday life easier” ###
Capture a thought, to-do, or scrap of information, FAST!
MeMail does one thing exceptionally well: send quick emails to a pre-set address. Email yourself reminders or notes? Just launch, type, and send — that's it! No fishing around for the right contact. Simply set your address the first time you open the app and you’re good to go.
• Email messages are sent from your own account — they come from *you*, not a third party.
• Full subject-line control: Enable "AutoSubject" to add the first few words of your message to the subject line, or just use a custom prefix like "[MeMail]" so your messages stand out in your Inbox. You can use or both, or neither — or even change the subject manually before the message goes out — it’s up to you!
• Optional Subject Suffix setting
• Optional Cc: address setting
• Supports TextExpander 3.5.4 snippet expansion, including fill-in forms
• Optimized for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
• One-Tap Send: Enter the settings for the mail account of your choice if you’d like to bypass the standard message screen and make MeMail even faster.
• MeMail is great for sending emails to yourself, but many find it invaluable for other uses. Set your significant other for quick "ETA" messages, use an Omni Mail Drop address and have your messages appear automatically as tasks in OmniFocus — if you can do it with email, you can do it faster with MeMail.
- Improved iOS 16 support
- Minor fixes
- Gmail is no longer supported for one-tap sending
Ratings and Reviews
Have recommended to a lot of folks
This is a super handy app when you want to send a quick note to yourself. I use it all the time in the middle of the night when I want to remember something for the morning, to take notes at meetings, and to add things to my todo list (via email). The interface is extremely simple and streamlined so you literally just have to type your note and press enter. It goes right to the top of your inbox.
no attachments ?
Despite instructions in the settings area, the long-press does not reveal any tools for adding attachments or pasting attachments from the clipboard. Bummer :(
update: The attachment gizmo is on the SECOND screen, after you tap "send." I was looking for it in the first screen. My bad! Thanks for helping me out.
Developer Response ,
Hi Rebcabin, Sorry you're having trouble adding attachments! I just tested on this end and was able to attach as expected -- are you using the "classic" two-tap method (disable "one-tap send)? you should be able to add attachments to the standard iOS mail interface that is presented when you tap send in MeMail. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further issues/questions. *update: thank you for your revised review!
This app is a pleasure to use. I use it for sending myself private notes. The information goes directly to me, so I don’t have to worry about accidentally emailing it to another person. I do wish my emails could be archived in the app just case my email server failed...but I won’t dock this app for that.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Day One Design LLC
- 5.3 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2023 Day One Design LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.