Memoir is a personal note taking and journaling application for macOS. It features an organizer, calendar, and powerful search capabilities that work together to help you keep organized and find information quickly
Key features of Memoir:
• A clean, elegant interface. A distraction free experience, with keyboard shortcuts abound.
• Privacy. Strong encryption keeps your notes securely stored. Locked notes are quickly accessible via Touch ID or password.
• Finds your information quickly. Powerful in-app search and support for Spotlight make it easy to find the information you are looking for.
• Made for print. Page sizes and zoom that match your printed output.
• Modern macOS features. Dark Mode, Full Screen mode, Touch Bar, Touch ID - all supported.
Version 3 is a complete rewrite for macOS 10.13 and higher. It features a new streamlined interface and is built to take advantage of modern macOS features, including Dark Mode, Touch Bar and Touch ID, and Full Screen mode.
Ratings and Reviews
The app seemed ok for it's general purpose, but I wanted it for the feature of security. The user has to specify the password each time an entry or folder needs protecting. There is a feature to store the password in the keychain, but then, anyone with access to the computer can access the entries without having to type the password. So, it's a clunky solution.
A better solution is to provide the password one time, have it stored securely, and only ask for it one time to unlock the locked entries. I found a different app that's not in the app store that meets my requirements beautifully.
Does a nice job...
Clear cut,... would like a tag feature to be added but other than that, it's cool
Straightforward and Functional
This app isn't very pretty but it does exactly what I need it to, with nesting notebooks and easy retitling and reorganization of both notebooks and notes.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.