Fast and easy note taking application with built in calendar and organizer. Memoir has an intuitive interface, perfect for keeping a daily journal or managing notes.
Memoir is a personal note taking and journaling application for macOS. It features an organizer, calendar, and powerful search capabilities that work together to help you keep organized and find information quickly
Key features of Memoir:
• A clean, elegant interface. A distraction free experience, with keyboard shortcuts abound.
• Privacy. Strong encryption keeps your notes securely stored. Locked notes are quickly accessible via Touch ID or password.
• Finds your information quickly. Powerful in-app search and support for Spotlight make it easy to find the information you are looking for.
• Made for print. Page sizes and zoom that match your printed output.
• Modern macOS features. Dark Mode, Full Screen mode, Touch Bar, Touch ID - all supported.
Version 3.2 is a bug fix release, fixing several issues that could occur during daily usage:
- Fixed an issue where the default sort order was not being obeyed when searching
- Fixed an issue where the summary text overflowed when the calendar was selected at startup
- Fixed an issue where folder expansion states were being forgotten when moved
- Fixed an issue where an accidental folder move that doesn't change (drop in same location) causes the document to save
- Fixed an issue where Memoir would crash with data on the clipboard on quit
- Fixed an issue where reloading expansion states on startup triggers folder changes and subsequent save
- Fixed an issue where deleting one entry shows "Delete entries" in confirmation dialog
- Fixed an issue where the folder deletion dialog is not consistent with the selection
- Various other small bug fixes and refinements.
Ratings and Reviews
The app seemed ok for it's general purpose, but I wanted it for the feature of security. The user has to specify the password each time an entry or folder needs protecting. There is a feature to store the password in the keychain, but then, anyone with access to the computer can access the entries without having to type the password. So, it's a clunky solution.
A better solution is to provide the password one time, have it stored securely, and only ask for it one time to unlock the locked entries. I found a different app that's not in the app store that meets my requirements beautifully.
Does a nice job...
Clear cut,... would like a tag feature to be added but other than that, it's cool
Straightforward and Functional
This app isn't very pretty but it does exactly what I need it to, with nesting notebooks and easy retitling and reorganization of both notebooks and notes.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Boundary Labs LLC
- 10.6 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Boundary Labs LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.