Memories is the easiest to use diary app for OS X.
Write a journal, include images, videos and sound. Keep your diary at one secure place and browse through your precious happenings. Rediscover the greatest moments in your life.
• Embed images, sound & videos inside your entries
• Record images & videos with your iSight camera
• Styles & formatting, like fonts, colors or text alignment
• Current weather gets automatically added to entries
• Location with gorgeous map view
• Sync your journal over iCloud
• Notification Center for convenient writing reminders
• Spell checker and proof reader
• Just dive in and start writing a journal
• Access every important function with one click
• Overview of all entries with title, date and mood
• Full-screen support for focused writing
• Easily change the date of an entry
• Drag & drop images directly from Safari or the Finder
• Auto-Lock after a configurable amount of time
• True encryption with the industry-proven AES-256 standard
• All entries sync encrypted and unreadable for other people
Compatibility and sharing
• Fast export of one entry or the whole diary
• Export in a variety of formats: Portable Document Format (.pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), Rich Text Format With Attachments (.rtfd), Web Page (.html), Web Archive, OpenDocument Text (.odt), Word 2007 format (.docx), Word 2003 format (.xml), Word 97 format (.doc) and plain text (.txt).
• Import just one entry or the contents of a folder
And much more
• Synchronization of preferences over iCloud
• Print one entry or your journal
• Set a default font for new entries
• Search all entries
• Built-in speech & dictation
• Enhanced for OS X Mountain Lion
• Enhanced for the MacBook Pro with Retina display
• Fast and friendly customer support, usually within 48 hours
• App crashed for some users after several app launches under very specific circumstances. This is fixed now.
• Previously introduced Auto-save was unreliable when only metadata was changed (date, location etc.). Auto-save will always save on exit now (and use the new improved behavior for changes during application usage). The menu item now also saves no matter what.
What’s New in Memories 1.9
• Completely rewritten iCloud synchronization code. On the first launch you can chose if you want to use iCloud to keep your journal up to date on all of your devices.
• Made iCloud synchronization faster & more stable.
• Added new system preferences pane that lets you either move your data from or to iCloud. It is no longer necessary to chose upfront if you want encrypted, seamless sync of your journal in the background.
• Added de-duplication of your entries when turning iCloud on / off.
• Recording videos was completely rewritten from scratch. All crashes (especially after finishing the recording session) should be gone now. It also got faster to record multiple videos in succession.
• Added new About window.
• OS X 10.9 Mavericks is a requirement now.
• Improved application security so that strangers will have an even harder time to reverse-engineer the cryptography algorithms and read your entries.
• HTTPS calls are used now everywhere it is currently possible.
• Application speed got an overall improvement (due to algorithm optimization or introduction of background operations).
• Auto-save in the background now makes sure that there are changes to your journal before it saves. The auto-save functionality is programmed very defensively, but this sometimes led to 5–6 background save calls when no data was changed at all.
• Improved journal save handling so that operations on the database are more stable.
• Modernized application to be more stable under newer versions of OS X.
• User interface improvements, especially under OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
• It got easier to get in touch with us right from within the app.
• Fixed an infinite loop on iCloud import with separate databases from multiple devices that weren’t previously associated with iCloud.
• The app was sometimes crashing when the map view was open.
• The sidebar wasn’t showing up under certain circumstances on newer versions of OS X. It correctly hides / unhides now.
• You are required to enter your email address now if you want to get in touch with us (support, feedback, bug reports). That’s the only way we can answer & help you.
• Fixed some smaller typos in the user interface.
Ratings and Reviews
Do not buy!
I bought this app a while back with high hopes. It worked fine for a year until it just recently crashed and I lost all of my memories—entries, videos, etc. I have tried contacting memories support with no luck. Now if I try to record a video it will just show a black box underneath a screenshot of the video and I cannot play it back. Even after updating it, the app is broken. Don’t waste your money or time.
Recentlhy I migrated from my old MacBook to a new MacBook. There are no memories, no password no nothing. I sent my problem to support service twice, but no reply. I tried to find out some way to use iCloud, but no success. I even couldn't export my diaries!!!
This was the third journal app I purchased today and the third one that failed to do what I wanted it to do. Despite what it says about it now being "faster" it is extremely slow for me. Every tiny little thing I try to do I just end up watching the rainbow circle spin and spin forever. I tried to add an entry and after a minute of waiting I had to force the app to close. Every entry I create is assigned a location in Lexington, KY even though that is NOT where I am. I cannot find any way at all to correct or manually enter the location. The weather feature does not work either, as they state in their description, so I don't know why we can't simply enter it manually like we do with the smiley faces. The Help files seem to be non existent and the support files online contain no tutorials on how to do anything. Of the three apps I purchased today, this one seemed to be the closest to doing what I wanted, but it is so excruciatingly slow and glitchy I've spent much more time waiting for commands to be carried out than I have actually getting stuff done in this app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.