Parents and children will love memorizing verses in this Bible memory app that coordinates with the Awana Sparks SkyStormer program. Includes all the Awana songs. Kids love the audio recording capability. Children can see, hear, record, sing and say verses and play several games to help them commit verses to memory. Tracks memory and review status for multiple participants and gives points for their memory/review activity. As reward, participants pick animals to "help Noah load the ark" and hear the animal sounds. Shares memory status information across multiple devices via iCloud so parents can immediately see their Sparky’s progress.
Features and Benefits –
- Encourages memorization and review of Bible verses
- Includes all Awana Sparks songs to add fun and help memorization
- Make audio recordings and play back to check your recitation
- Includes all memory verses in the Awana Sparks SkyStormer book, plus all of the extra credit verses for the SkyStormer program
- - Verses are currently available in ESV, NKJV, KJV, NIV and NIV84 (Please note that copyright owner permission for NIV84 expires soon, so get it while you can!)
- Shares memory status across multiple devices via iCloud
- Parents can easily track a child’s progress in the app to see whether a child has memorized or reviewed assigned verses
- Sing along with your favorite Awana songs as you memorize your verses
- Make an audio recording of a verse and then play it back as a memory aid
- See, hear, sing and say Bible verses
- Play memory games such as Phrase (show a phrase at a time), Word Take-Away, and Initials (show just the first letter of each word in the verse)
- Place animals in Noah’s ark as a reward for points earned in memory and review – hear the lion growl and the elephant trumpet!
- Players choose secret code names instead of using their real names (part of our Child Online Privacy Protection)
All songs © Awana Clubs International. Sparks images © 2008-2010 Awana Clubs International. The Awana Theme Song, Sparks songs, and Sparks images are used by permission of Awana Clubs International. Battle Gear, LLC is solely responsible for the software application. Battle Gear, LLC is not endorsed by, or affiliated with, Awana Clubs International.
Updated font size for memory verses to accommodate newer/larger screen sizes. Removed NIV84 version since it is outdated. (NIV is still available in the 2011 version). Minor formatting tweaks.
Ratings and Reviews
App crashes when tapping get started
Not sure what the issue is. It worked once but now crashes each time Get Started is selected... looking for help. Just downloaded today. States it is compatible with device etc.
It doesn’t actually have the songs. Total waste of money since that’s the only reason I purchased it. Buyer beware.
It gets the job done...
This is my 9th year to have children participate in AWANA. I found this app for my children in Sparks and bought both the Memory-HG and Memory-SS apps. I found them to be a bit pricey compared to other apps but decided to get them because they allow me to record my voice saying the verses and also have a little song that goes with each one. Unfortunately, the link/buttons don't always appear to work. After playing in the app it appears that if you press one of the buttons the action has to play all the way through before you can move on. The app doesn't have a help section and when I came to iTunes to contact the designer, Mr. Battle, to ask a question, the contact section has a broken link. :( Maybe he will see this review and reply here....QUESTION: My child accidentlly pressed the "Memorized" verse button in the app. The verse isn't memorized and I can't find anywhere where I can change it back to "Not memorized yet." I don't always have my children's books in front of me when we are reviewing verses so it would be really helpful to be able to change that. I can see this happening often since the buttons are close together. Is there a way to change the status?
Overall the app is okay. It gets the job done and my children use it.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- James D Battle
- 369.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- © James D. Battle, 2012-2023
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.