MemphisWeather.net is proud to provide you access to our services while on the go! The MWN app features current conditions, StormView Radar, satellite imagery, severe weather outlooks from SPC, the MWN Forecast, a severe weather reporting tool (#mSpotter), and optionally, StormWatch+ push notifications for automatic alerting of severe weather *anywhere in the U.S.* Plus an iPad-optimized format!
StormWatch+ is an optional premium service that sends alerts whenever severe weather threatens YOUR specific location (not your county) ANYWHERE IN THE U.S. This is accomplished by cross-referencing storm-based warnings (also known as warning polygons) issued by the National Weather Service with up to four (4) locations. Push notification alerts are generated if your registered location is within the polygon created by the NWS. Opening the MemphisWeather.net app will allow you to view your selected location with respect to the warning polygon on a map, as well as retrieve the full text of the alert.
Recently, three static warning locations have been augmented with our new "StormWatch+ EnRoute" service, which allows you to receive severe weather alerts while on the go! Simply enable EnRoute and the app will track your location (even while in the background^^) and alert you when you drive into a warned area!
No longer do you have to wonder whether the warning sirens are sounding because of a storm headed for your location or if the dark clouds ahead promise severe weather!
* Push notifications in the event of:
- Tornado Watches and Warnings
- Severe Thunderstorm Watches and Warnings
- Flash Flood Watches and Warnings
- Winter Storm Watches, Warnings, and Advisories
- A suite of Tropical watches, warnings, and advisories
- All updates to these products (expire, cancel, continue, etc.)
* Notifications sent even if app is running in the background
* Push notifications accompanied by audio alerts that will wake you up (for Tornado and Severe Thunderstorm Warnings)^
* Auto-updating list of active alerts, which “roll off” when expired or canceled
* Input up to three static locations, which can be changed at any time and are set using:
- Current location (as determined by the device GPS)
- City, ST
- Postal address
- Zip code
* Activate EnRoute, which uses your device's location services and/or GPS^^ to actively monitor your location for severe weather as you travel
* Functional anywhere in the United States
* Access to full text of the alerts
* Map showing warned area and your location
* Quiet time – to temporarily stop alerts during a specified time of day
* Status button to disable all notifications (i.e., vacation stop)
* Status buttons to disable individual locations
* Safety tips (text and video) that you can follow in the event of severe weather
* Free re-install if the app is deleted
* Multi-device installation with one purchase using the iCloud service
When seconds count... StormWatch+ is watching over you.
MWN is provided by the founder of Cirrus Weather Solutions and a 25-year native of the Bluff City who brings both extensive forecasting experience and a knack for communication and customer service to his followers.
^ Audio alerts cannot be heard if your device is manually silenced or in "Do Not Disturb" mode, as Apple does not provide a means to override your choice to silence your phone or place the device in Do Not Disturb mode.
^^ Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
** STORMWATCH+ IS AN OPTIONAL PREMIUM SERVICE AVAILABLE WITH A ONE-TIME PURCHASE IN-APP. THE COST IS COMPETITIVE WITH OTHER SIMILAR SERVICES AND PROVIDES A SUPERIOR EXPERIENCE TO SIMILAR APPS. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE NEGATIVE REVIEWS BASED ON THE STANDARD PRACTICE OF OFFERING PREMIUM SERVICES FOR AN ADDITIONAL FEE. **
This update includes the following:
– Resolves a layout issue in the forecast
A previous update included the following:
– StormWatch+ Alerts users: Resolved an issue in which Wake-Me-Up alert preview audio would not sound in settings
Thank you for using MemphisWeather.net!
Please report any app issues through the handy "Contact Support" link in the app. Customer service is priority #2, right behind providing an accurate, life-saving service!
Ratings and Reviews
Extra $8.00 for push notifications?!
I just purchased this app and it crashed while I was attempting to read through the FAQ's. Hit #1. Then I reopened it and was clicking through everything else and was moderately pleased because I assume it's going to be more accurate for us than TWC's or AN5's apps. HOWEVER, I never would have purchased this if I'd known it would be an extra $8.00 to get severe weather alert push notifications on my phone!!! In Memphis, that's one of the main things you need! Hit #2. At least I'm only out $1. I'm so, so, so disappointed.
A WASTE OF MONEY❗️
To say this app is a waste of money, is an understatement. Very poor quality resolution radar that is fixed over a particular metro area. Other apps allow you to expand or contract the view and look at other areas of the country.
This app provides minimal weather information that can be found on numerous other sites.
After paying to download it, and seeing what little it offers, I wouldn’t download now even if it were free‼️
Best Weather App for the Mid-South!
The new app update has more on the home screen, including the radar and a 'share' button for Twitter, Facebook and e-mail! This makes the app even easier to use as the radar is one of the top things I look for when I used the old version. Also the addition of the #mspotter button allows for quick sharing of the size of hail, funnel clouds, wall clouds, or any pictures of the weather that help others see how serious the storms are! As a school administrator this app is crucial for when we are in bad weather!
- Cirrus Weather Solutions
- 29.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Cirrus Weather Solutions, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- StormWatch+ $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.