Mental Cal is the most innovative educational app ever designed for a mobile device. Created exclusively for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, Mental Cal includes support for Game Center and ReplayKit — complete with leaderboards, achievements, and screen recording — so you can track you progress toward your goals. You can even share screen recordings via iMessage or social media directly from within the app.
Impress your teachers, parents, and friends by telling them in mere seconds the day of the week their birthday or anniversary fell on this year. Mental Cal includes a tutorial that explains the easy steps you need to follow to perform this amazing feat for any date between Jan 1, 1600 and Dec 31, 2099.
• Adjust the picker to any date of interest and select an answer
• The tutorial will always be based on the date you have just answered
• Follow the steps in the tutorial to see how to calculate the weekday for your date
• Adjust the date range to only pick from the current year in order to simplify the calculation
• Consult the tutorial as needed
• Continue to answer randomly chosen dates
• Track your progress by earning points for correct answers
• Start timer mode and compare your performance against others
• Top the leaderboards in 1 minute, 3 minute, and 5 minute competitions
• Earn Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum achievements in 1 minute timer mode
• Challenge others via iMessage App and see who can answer dates faster
• Send weekday stickers that show Latin names and their associated planets
• Practice from the comfort of your couch with Mental Cal for Apple TV
• Practice whilst waiting in line or on the go with Mental Cal for Apple Watch
• Turn on screen recording during timer mode to analyze your game play improvement
- Added tutorial in Czech
Ratings and Reviews
Interesting concept for a game
I guess I just learned how to find the weekday for a date without looking at a calendar. I’m not fast by any standard if I look at the highscores, but before the tutorial I wouldn’t have even known how to go about it. Turns out it’s actually pretty easy once you understand the concept. It was actually a fun learning experience for me and the first “brain training app” that actually taught me something new.
Nice conceptual game
Simple concept but addictive one. I can record my scores and compare with other players. It helps for my brain exercise. And makes me to think faster.
My new Sudoku
As strange as this may sound, I find this a really relaxing game... of course I don’t use the timer.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Bjoern Gumboldt
- 47.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2019 Bjoern Gumboldt. All rights reserved.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.