Menubar Countdown is a simple countdown timer displayed in the macOS menu bar. It can be used as a pomodoro timer, to remind yourself to get back to work after a break, or whenever you want to quickly set a time limit on some activity.
To set the timer, click the menu bar icon and select the Start... menu item. A dialog will appear allowing you to specify the countdown time in hours, minutes, and seconds. The dialog also allows you to specify which of the following forms of notification you want when the timer gets down to 00:00:00:
• Blink the icon in the menu bar.
• Play the system alert sound.
• Display an alert window.
• Display a notification in Notification Center.
• Make a spoken announcement. You can specify the text to be spoken.
• Menubar Countdown can now be controlled with AppleScript and other Open Scripting Architecture languages.
• Commands to start, stop, pause, and resume the timer are now available in other applications' Services menu.
• New high-resolution menubar icon for Retina displays.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app is in a category similar to bread, milk, and eggs for food -- it is a staple and essential. I use it multiple times a week and can't imagine going without it.
I have my email inbox and calendar to track my large list of things I have to do, but this is perfect when I have a call or event coming up later in the day that I have to be 100% sure I don't forget about.
Glad it's back!
This is my countdown timer of choice. The older 32 bit version wouldn't work on OS10, but now that it's been upgraded to 64 bits it'll work again. I tried 4 or 5 other timers, but this one is simple, easy to use, and works directly from the menu bar. I'm glad to be able to use it again.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.