Each cat has their own unique vocabulary that they use to communicate with their owners consistently when in the same context. For example, each cat has their own distinct meow for “food” or for “let me out.” This is not necessarily a language, as cats do not share the same meows to communicate the same thing, but we can use Machine Learning to interpret an individual cat’s meows. The MeowTalk app does just that.
Once you create a profile for your cat, a simple process that requires just providing your cat’s name, you are ready to start translating your cat’s meows. Several translations are already built-in but specific translations will require a little training of the app to recognize your cat’s specific meow-cabulary. If you know a translation is wrong, just fix it through the app and select the correct translation. This helps the app lear. You can create new translation labels if you don’t see a suitable one. MeowTalk learns with each translation you confirm.
The vision for MeowTalk is for the app to translate the cat’s meow into human speech, giving your cat a true voice. This feature is coming soon. For now, this version of the app is restricted to text translations.
- In this version, we add some highly demanded feature: a possibility to edit and delete the history.
- Improve stability.
- The version contains bug fixes and improvements.
Thank you for using our MeowTalk application!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My new BFF
All my cats LOVE to meow I have always wanted to know what they are saying when my cats brawl with each other I know it sounds scary but they never actually hurt one another OK back to reviews I have used this app near my dog and it uses her little barks so I made my dog an account! One thing I hate is that when you have all your cats set up and you make an account for yourself all your cats go away I am so sad I had to waste a whole hour trying to find out my eldest cats birthday.
Definitely should stay in Beta - DISAPPOINTED
I cannot express how excited I was to hear about this app. More than one friend forwarded an article to me about this new technology. I immediately downloaded it and the first time I used the app, it worked, sort of. I created separate profiles for both of my cats. I recorded meows for one of my cats. However, I was disappointed that those sounds were not captured in the history at all. I was more than willing to pay for the premium version in order to store the recordings, but the interface of the app is so skimpy that there is no help section or FAQ section or even a way to upgrade to they are premium version. It didn’t matter because the very next time and there after I have received an error message that isn’t even grammatically correct. It says “Something goes wrong. Check your connection.” I have tried reinstalling the app and I’ve also tried creating another account and nothing has worked. It’s disappointing that this app has garnered so much buzz but simply does not work. I have a perfectly brand new iPhone and no other app has any problem with my connection. Not ready for primetime. Don’t waste yours in frustration.
1) If you use before registering, then decide to come back and register, it does not carry over the recordings of your cats or that you have input any cats at all.
2) If you go back and ‘skip registering’, the earlier recordings and all the input cats show back up.
3) I have 3 cats, one 15 yr old cat who talks ALL the time. According to the app, all he says is Hello. Hello when he gets up, Hello when he comes in the room, Hello when he’s hungry... While it does sound closely the same, the inflection is different . His purring ’I want attention/more attention’ sound is translated as ‘I’m sleepy’. (Not ’I’m content ‘?) I have put in my alternate interpretation, but now I’m stuck with Problem #4.
4) There is no way I can save what I have recorded/documented without erasing it all in order to ‘register’ the app to me/us.
5) The choices are SO unbelievably BASIC that I have to wonder - sorry here, guys! - do you even HAVE a cat or have you lived with any cats for an appreciable length of time, really? (P.S. I am 73 and I have lived with dogs and cats since I was too young to remember so I have listened to a lot of cats.) Good luck!
Developer Response ,
Connect with us at MeowTalk@akvelon.com and tell us what options you would like to see in the translation menu?
- 24.8 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Akvelon, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Meow Talk Full Access $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.