Each cat has their own unique vocabulary that they use to communicate with their owners consistently when in the same context. For example, a cat can have their own distinct meow for “food” or for “let me out.” This is not necessarily a language, as cats do not share the same meows to communicate the same things with each other, but we can use Machine Learning to interpret an individual cat’s meows and translate that into a human readable language. MeowTalk by Akvelon gives your cat a voice!
Using machine learning MeowTalk instantaneously translates your cat’s meows into one of eleven general cat intents; these nine intents represent cat moods and states of mind and are as follows:
- Mother Call
- Mating Call
- In Pain
- Give me Attention
In addition to these eleven general intents, each cat also has a unique vocabulary of meows. You can train the MeowTalk app to learn your cat’s unique vocabulary of meows by telling the app what each meow means when your cat makes it. When you give the app 5 to 10 examples of a specific meow for your cat (e.g. “food”, “let me out”) the app can start to recognize that meow when it hears it. The meow recognition is updated once a day so it may take up to 24 hours for the app to start recognizing the new word after you have provided the training information.
To train the app to learn a specific meow pick a context where you know with certainty what your cat is trying to say (e.g. at feeding time the cat is saying “food”, at the door the cat is saying “let me out”). Use the app to translate those meows. You will get one of the nine general intents as a translation, select “No, Change it” and then provide the correct translation. Repeat this 5 to 10 times then wait up to 24 hours for the app to update and learn your cat’s new word.
Reach out to the MeowTalk Team anytime with ideas or issues at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Service:
MeowTalk Subscription is a monthly subscription service that allows you to download the audio history and remove the network ads. Subscription cost 2.99 USD/month (or local equivalent) and will be charged to your iTunes Account after purchase and when the subscription renews monthly.
Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
So I ᖇᗴᗩᒪᒪƴ like this app. Totally what I wanted for my three legged cute adorable cat. Love love love love LOVE! But the one thing is...whenever I try to 'sign up' and i click 'password' nothing shows. Just the keyboard without any keys. It's weird. ᔕᗝ I just stopped trying because I wanted to see what my cat was meowing to me. I woukd recomend this app if you have chatty cats like me. But also, I'm talking to the creators here, make one for dogs! Seriously. My friend has a cute dog and my grandparents have TWO cute dogs. So I was like "ok I'll see if there is one like this for dogs." Everything that showed up wasbeither for training dogs, dog emoji thingies, and human to dog. I was like then "no app store. I don't want human to dog. I want dog to HUMAN" So yeah creators. Make a WoofTalk. Please?
Definitely should stay in Beta - DISAPPOINTED
I cannot express how excited I was to hear about this app. More than one friend forwarded an article to me about this new technology. I immediately downloaded it and the first time I used the app, it worked, sort of. I created separate profiles for both of my cats. I recorded meows for one of my cats. However, I was disappointed that those sounds were not captured in the history at all. I was more than willing to pay for the premium version in order to store the recordings, but the interface of the app is so skimpy that there is no help section or FAQ section or even a way to upgrade to they are premium version. It didn’t matter because the very next time and there after I have received an error message that isn’t even grammatically correct. It says “Something goes wrong. Check your connection.” I have tried reinstalling the app and I’ve also tried creating another account and nothing has worked. It’s disappointing that this app has garnered so much buzz but simply does not work. I have a perfectly brand new iPhone and no other app has any problem with my connection. Not ready for primetime. Don’t waste yours in frustration.
1) If you use before registering, then decide to come back and register, it does not carry over the recordings of your cats or that you have input any cats at all.
2) If you go back and ‘skip registering’, the earlier recordings and all the input cats show back up.
3) I have 3 cats, one 15 yr old cat who talks ALL the time. According to the app, all he says is Hello. Hello when he gets up, Hello when he comes in the room, Hello when he’s hungry... While it does sound closely the same, the inflection is different . His purring ’I want attention/more attention’ sound is translated as ‘I’m sleepy’. (Not ’I’m content ‘?) I have put in my alternate interpretation, but now I’m stuck with Problem #4.
4) There is no way I can save what I have recorded/documented without erasing it all in order to ‘register’ the app to me/us.
5) The choices are SO unbelievably BASIC that I have to wonder - sorry here, guys! - do you even HAVE a cat or have you lived with any cats for an appreciable length of time, really? (P.S. I am 73 and I have lived with dogs and cats since I was too young to remember so I have listened to a lot of cats.) Good luck!
Developer Response ,
Connect with us at MeowTalk@akvelon.com and tell us what options you would like to see in the translation menu?
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MeowTalk LLC
- 56 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2022 MeowTalk, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- MeowTalk Subscription $2.99
- Meow Talk Full Access $0.99