Explore the world, build settlements, trade goods and steal in Merchant, the real location based massive multiplayer game.
In Merchant the real world is your playing field. You can build a lumberjack cabin at your home address and a stone quarry where you work - then go for an iron mine in your favorite bar.
* The real world is the playing field of Merchant. Claim locations you visit often and build settlements that produce the commodities you want to trade in.
* Upgrade your settlements: choose from over 50 different buildings each with their own special abilities.
* Expand your caravan as you get richer. Buy more wagons and hire specialists like a thief or a carrier.
* Explore the world and discover over 40 different kind of land types, from thick jungles, to deserts, to extinct volcanoes.
* Find rare commodities on your trips, bring them home and sell them for a profit.
* Connect with your friends who play Merchant using Game Center.
* Attack or conquer by culture to become more powerful.
* Become Knight, Count, Duke or Prince and rule the city you live in, or even the state or the country.
- Several improvements to the attack system regarding the assignment of settlement allegiance
- Stability improvements and minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I would rate it higher because it is enjoyable however having to drive back to the location where you made a settlement is a pain! You should be able to control yields and production from your main (original) town. Since you can't, if you wish to upgrade or be able to even FIND other players to trade with then hop on your bike or in your car because you have to goto that location to upgrade. If it wasn't for my brother setting up a town near mine I would have to drive around and make random settlements looking for other players. At least I can gain levels from his village now.
DEVS, Please consider letting us control upgrades and production from our home base !!! Don't care if it takes longer or uses more resources, just tired of driving around looking for trade posts and other players!!
Great game that needs to come back
This game is amazing, and yet its simplicity gives you a relaxing, laid back experience. I used to play this game all the time back on the iphone 3 and was happy to see that the devs haven’t taken it off of the app store. Once again the game is great and I love waking up in the morning to check if my settlements have been raided and to gather my products for the market. The game does however need some attention from the devs who haven’t been keeping up with it. Primarily, the system of traveling to the actual locations of your settlements can be annoying at times unless it is a location you visit frequently; a sort of messenger unit should be available to access settlements from afar. Additionally, the profile pics are a little derpy, especially for the male players :)
All in all a great game I will continue playing, and hoping that the devs give it a little love.
There is occasional game crashes, but besides that it’s a good game I would like to see it restored to its former “glory” days. A few minor updates, I started playing recently on my iPhone 6 and it runs like it should. I mean the occasional struggle to find my location and such but that’s workable the game itself is glorious, but honestly, a few minor improvements to the game would be nice. (Army build ups and camps, I don’t know if that’s a function yet I haven’t met anyone else currently playing.) (hunting animals, and gathering food, such as berries fruits vegetables to farm.) instead of finding already domesticated animals) This games potential crazy.
- Oberon Interactive
- 52.7 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Oberon Interactive BV.
- In-App Purchases
- Loaded Wagon $2.99
- Junior Scout $3.99
- Settler $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.