!!!! Due to the demanding nature of the games' trading algorithms and 3D environment, Merchants of Kaidan is not going to run on devices older than iPad 3 and iPhone 5. If you have such a device please DO NOT BUY THE GAME!
Regain your riches, restore your honour and punish those who have wronged you.
Merchants of Kaidan is a challenging trading game fused with lots of RPG elements. You start very humble, one cart, a purse of gold and silver coins is all that you have. Your task is to roam the world and search of opportunities to score some profit. Buy low, sell high - a merchant's motto is easy to grasp. And yet the job is harder than it seems.
A good merchant needs to know everything about the market, he is always on the lookout for a deal, always listening, always engaging and deepening his knowledge. He knows what forces influence the prices, what events affect them. A good merchant listens to rumours and gossips spread by travelers at inns and taverns; hoping for a clue, a hint where to go, where a good deal awaits. A good merchant surrounds himself with specialists smarter than him, people who help him maximize profits and minimize losses. He always expands his fleet of carts, he balances risks, calculates profitability.
The conditions are constantly changing, and supply and demand for different goods with them. Maybe you'd like to pay a cheaper price for furs in the summer, and sell them for a hefty profit as the winter is coming and people need warmth.
But is it worth carrying them for so many days, risking robbery, moths and taking precious space that you could use to transport something now and make a profit immediately?
Or is it worth to buy illegal herb in the out of reach swamps where it cost's next to nothing, and risk smuggling it into the city where you can sell it for an amazing profit? But what if the city guards want to control you? Should you pay a bribe? How big? Maybe the best course of action is to say that you have nothing and hope they don't find anything?
These are the types of questions you will have to ask yourself constantly.
- Merchants of Kaidan has 4 story lines each with many quests. Main quest that brings you closer to avenging your father's murder, and 3 side-quest lines. A total of over 100 quests each composed of multiple steps.
- A set of random events that influence your journeys. A storm on the sea, attack by dragons, highway robbery and many, many more.
- Three types of transport of your goods: by roads, by sea and by flight, each has its advantages and disadvantages and a unique set of events associated. As you grow your fleet you can join a partnership and you'll get to manage 3 traders.
- You can hire advisers each specializing in a different field. Their council will help you in a variety of issues. Some will show you short cuts on the roads, some will help you fight of the bandits, some will council you on how to sail better and in case of a storm, how to minimize risks and losses. If you wish, you can also send them to school to improve their abilities for additional cost.
- 4 seasons of the year that influence the prices of goods, open some paths for travel and block the others. They also impact the way the game looks, each city has a distinct look at different time of the year.
- Random blessings and curses that influence your statistics. They in turn affect how well you conduct business.
- A set of artefacts that influence your statistics or can help negate the effects of random events.
- A complex market fluctuation algorithm that include many variables such as: demand, supply, seasons of the year, localization of the city, random events like droughts or rat infestation.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
barbaric matter quest fixed
added the names of places on the map
travel animation glitch fixed
Ratings and Reviews
Great update fixing bugs and the big addition of city names on the map, that is a big help. I have not had any problems playing the game and I played for a good two hours today with no crashes. My biggest problem is there are random events that keep lowering my luck and burning candles has no effect. This is a fun and unique trading/merchant game with lots of random quests to do for people in different cities.
Brilliant and charmingly!
I initially held off buying this, but now I'm so glad a took a chance on it. This is the simply the best "trading" game on iPad. Very stable for me, I've encountered no crashes or bugs. Art is beautiful, music is perfect, the detailed setting is intriguing, and the gameplay is entertaining.
I really enjoy the default economy because it forces you to play strategically and to improvise. You can't just brainlessly ferry goods between A and B forever. And there is so much depth, from exploring ruins, to delving into mines, and so many other intriguing options.
In a word, Bravo!
Love it, but crashing on my 5S...
I love this game but when I added a partner (with a ship) the game started crashing (on a 5S) to the point I can't play it. Totally bummed because it was getting really good! Please fix if possible.
The developer, Forever Entertainment S.A., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Forever Entertainment S.A.
- 614.9 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Forever Entertainment S.A.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.